Do Asian Uropygi continue to molt all their lives?

Yama777

Arachnosquire
Hello,
I have recently purchased 2 adult Typopeltis sp Thailand. One of them has a broken flagellum (there is a small piece left).
I wonder if they will continue to molt and regenerate the broken flagellum, or if they will not molt anymore once they reach the adult stage.
I have looked at the literature about Uropygi, but it is quite scarce and the information seems to be divergent.

I read in Maquart (2011) that they will molt all their life but I don't know if it is valid for all genera.
In Schmidt et al. (2021), it is reported that Mastigoproctus tohono no longer molts once the adult stage is reached.
Similarly, Weygoldt (1971) indicates that Mastigoproctus giganteus does not molt as an adult.

Do any of you keep Typopeltis genus and know if the adults continue to molt until they die? Also, do they have the ability to regenerate their flagellum?
Thanks in advance for your answers

Pictures because they are cute
IMG_20230322_211338.jpg
IMG_20230322_211306.jpg

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Well first of Uropygi is not the valid classification and they are now accepted under Thelyphonida!

On to your question, for sure the Mastigoproctus complex do not molt after reaching adulthood and on average take about 4-5yrs to get there. With others like Thelyphonus, Typopeltis, etc I have heard they may be able to molt after reaching adult hood but I have never seen any true verification of that.

Yama777

Arachnosquire
Well first of Uropygi is not the valid classification and they are now accepted under Thelyphonida!

On to your question, for sure the Mastigoproctus complex do not molt after reaching adulthood and on average take about 4-5yrs to get there. With others like Thelyphonus, Typopeltis, etc I have heard they may be able to molt after reaching adult hood but I have never seen any true verification of that.
Thank you for your answer!
I will try to observe if I see any molting or flagellum regeneration ;)

wizentrop

to the rescue!
Old Timer
I have kept a few vinegaroons species from Asia and Latin America and have not witnessed any additional molting past reaching adulthood. They are pretty long lived as adults though.