Do "Asian Forest" scorpions need extra height for their enclosures?

Patarantula

Arachnopeon
I recently purchased a scorpion labeled "Asian Forest" which I think is a Heterometrus Spinifer, and I have him/her in a temporary enclosure for now. Was wondering how tall should their enclosure be, because i read they like to climb but do they actually need 11-12 inches of height or do they usually stay on ground lvl hiding? Is it a good idea to use things like wood and structures for it to climb on? How big should the enclosure be for it to really thrive in and feel at home? Any ideas are welcome on making my new friend his/her new house 😊
(Update)- I now know they don't need much height but the length of their body is good, how much space do you guys usually give them and what kind of texture or type of wood should I use for some roaming around?

Attachments

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
The enclosure doesn't need to be that tall as they can't climb the walls, but they may climb up sticks, decorations etc. Heterometrus species are ground dwelling though, they're not really climbers. They're more likely to explore than tarantulas so could do with a bit more floor space. The link here is for Emperor scorpion care, but it is very similar for Asian forests as well. it has detailed info on tank sizes and such!

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Floor space is the ticket. They can climb but kinda suck at it. I would be concerned about a fall at those distances. You would have to actually provide the diving board, though.
One will do fine in a two and a half gallon tank. You can go bigger but they don't require that much space.

ViktorsDad7

Arachnopeon
To be honest a well known herpetologist I spoke to has posted and written care and instructions for both Pandinus and Heterometrus genus of scorpions in my one professional book it does state they are somewhat of climbers most species are fossorial meaning they burrow. Rule of thumb is enclosure should be as deep as it is long in length. So if a scorpion is 6 inches long then needs a 6 inch depth. Also they prefer secure tight places to live in. The most recent exo terra wet caves have proven to be great for my scorpions because it's a micro climate contained within and it keeps them feeling safe.

parabuthus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I started off with a lower faunarium for my imperators, eventually switched to taller ones. Remember these scorpions like to dig out burrows. It is good to give them choices in terms of heat and humidity and also a safe place for them.

Whiplash Girlchild

Arachnopeon
It is more about depth of the substrate then above. They like to dig, mine never is out from underground unless about to molt or very hungry.