do any one do this to their ( t ) tanks

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi do any of you use colour stick on spots or stars on your tanks like green for CALM red for PSYCHO and yellow for UNCERTAIN or is it just me ? lol --- phil :) ;)

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I get the bright orange lids for my Kridder Keepers for the ones the are most defensive but it's not for my benifit. I do that for my wife so she know which one she has to watch in case they got out. I don't think it'll happen because I have some weight sitting on the lids of these tanks. All the others are just whatever color they happen to be.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
don't do that either - i only have about two dozen ts, so i remember their temperaments quite well ;).

i do put stickers with genus/species/age/gender on my tanks, though.

guitarlust

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
no, cause my collection is still small and am able to keep track of who is crazy and who isn't. that is a thought for when my collection eventually does get bigger.

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't yet, but I think it's a great idea! I have about 50 t's right now. My husband can't seem to keep them straight. I'm a little worried that he'll open an enclosure when I'm not home and one will run out or something. That would help him know what he can open and what to stay away from. Thanks for the idea!

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No, but I do have a label maker that I labe with the given name and common name of the T. If I didn't my husband could never tell them apart.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i used to... but then all my greens turned about to be my most reactive t's... pretty much the only two i don't play with are my G. rosea and my A. seemani

Seen1980

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Neither do I. I just note which ones has a more aggressive defensive mechanism

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
stickers

I use stickers for another reason. I stick oval stickers on the enclosures, marking down who ate, who just molted, who is in pre-molt etc.Their temperaments I can remember, but this info helps me keep track of feeding and molting.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
temperament

I did try the marking of agressive, docile etc. But it really depends on their moods from day to day, so didnt really see any point. Besides, I only have 12 Ts......right now:D

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i just put up small stickers with scientific name and their "pet" name (if they have one). i can remember who is who that way, and in turn know the personality.

SpiderZone2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have over 30 T's and I know of what species is more opt to be more aggressive before I get them. I have them in all sorts of containers. I don't color coat anything. I also put heavy objects only on the 10 and 20 gallon tanks for now. The other containers have good seals on them. I have never had any get out. No one but myself deals with the T's, so there is no point to color coat them. But in your case so your wife knows which can be more aggressive, then perhaps it is a good idea that you did that for her. KK's snap pretty tight and they are not always so easy to get off. So if you think your T, could then by all means do whatever it takes to secure the top so no escape can happen........

ParabuthusKing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't have any on tarantula tanks currently, just species names, but I do have colored dots for my scorpions, as some are in deli cups and do not have names labelled, so I don't want to be sticking my hand right in with a Tityus species, but I pretty much know the temperment of all the critters by now, but it never hurts to be safe, only unsafe.. haha..bad joke ;P ;P

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I use the coloured dot system also, and have the scientific, common and given name on each tank.

It's not so much for my use, but should anyone need to care for my pets in my absense. The lizards and a B. smithi were harmless. But when you include some defensive, faster species in the mix, it changes things somewhat.

In an emergency it may help as well.

Last edited:

Dragoon

ArachnoGoon
Old Timer
Damn Brian, you have some artsy looking printing!

Come over and re-label all my containers, please! :D My printing sucks...

I label the scientific names, and the common. My spiders get a pet name once I confirm they are females, and then they get a "heart".
D.

Bark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I get the bright orange lids for my Kridder Keepers for the ones the are most defensive
I do the same, but for sex. Female Ts get purple, yellow, and orange lids. Males get green, blue, or black lids.

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey Dragoon,

If you only knew how many of those little stickies I threw out before I finally managed to fit everything on. lol

carrieh

Arachnopeon
That is a good idea. I will have to try that. For now I only have 3 but am still trying to talk the hubbie into more. I named mine before I know if they are male or female, I figure a girl with a boys name or a boy with a girls name, who cares. Mine have strange names for spiders anyway.
Carrie