Do all scorps molt upside down?

beesknees

Arachnopeon
Just wondering if all scorpions molt by hanging upside down? I have a Paruroctonus boreus and will need to include perches at a slanted angle if the answer is yes :)

Thanks!

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Mostly just "bark scorpion" molt like that. Burrowing and terrestrial spp molt right side up.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
paruroctonus are terrestrial and can molt without a perch.

buthids and other scorps that exhibit negative or vertical geotaxis prefer to molt while hanging.

Some require a cell for molting, hadrurus arizonensis definitely needs a stable burrow for that. and it's gotta be DEEP

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Mostly just "bark scorpion" molt like that. Burrowing and terrestrial spp molt right side up.
No . Most arboreal sp molt vertically but many terrestrial Sp. Molt upside down on the ground. And this varies between each specimen. I've had scorpions of the same Sp molt right side up or upside down

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
@ArachnoDrew yep atleast half my leiurus molt upside down while the other half seems to do it Right side up on the substrate
My Heteroctonus junceus are odd since its 50/50 with half using vertical bark to molt while the other half molt right on the substrate
There's never a set standard with any species really
ive had Hadrurus molt out in the open even