Do all A. seemani have a light ventral side?

Shayna

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I picked up 2 A. seemani today and one looks great, molted about two weeks ago and is pretty docile.

The other one is kind of dull and orange in coloration, it went up the walls unlike the other (who went and hid in his new burrow), and this one has a black underside just like my g. rosea. I was looking at pictures of A. seemani to see if any had the orangey color, and a lot of picutres showed they have a tan underside.

This orange guy also seems agressive.

So my real question is does my A. seemani just need a molt or is it an A. seemani at all? (my camera is a little busted right now)

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Look at the spinnerets, if they are orange it is an A.seemanni

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They all have a tan/orangy underside. Can you post pictures?

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They all have a tan/orangy underside. Can you post pictures?
What size are you guys/gals referring to? Mine is still small, but I am wondering now if mine is an A.seemani too. Doesn't sound like it from ya'lls descriptions...

Shayna

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The little one that Im sure is does have the orange spinnerets, but this one I dont know about has black ones.
Camera is still busted, so I found a colouring sheet (obviously the eyes arent like that), here is where all the orange is, the black is black. And the area I didn't colour is in a brownish/greyish colour (cept on the abdomen, the orange goes most of the way around, then it is balck).

Shayna

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh, I didn't include the stripes going up the femur, all the orange isn't this shade, this is just the color paint has.

Shayna

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well I took some webcam shots right now, but the coloration can't really be seen, I guess you can refer to the above pictures.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That looks alot like a Grammostola rosea, and I'm willing to bet that's what it is, or atleast definately not an Aphonopelma seemanni.

Shayna

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The pictures are just off-color and dull making it look grey, I really dont think it is a G. rosea.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's not the color thats making me think it's G.rosea it's the structure and mirror patch.

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
I'd *guess* grammostola sp.(for the same reason as Novak), but nothing further than that...... Chacos have stripes, and I've seen their stripes less yellow-ish, and more orange-ish