DKS?

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
No such thing as "DKS/Dyskinetic Syndrome", it's a misnomer for Dyskinesia from a time where people liked to invent syndromes with accompanying acronyms for things that are easily explainable. I made a thread about it a while back.

Now that's out of the way, your tarantula appears to be fine.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Perfectly normal if the locust tries to jump from her mouth 😁

Can you post a picture of your enclosure? Loos like it's on the dry side. The geniculata should be kept a little bit moist, a little, with some dry areas. Sometimes people keeps the Ts like if they were fish 😂😂😂

Also do not leave the extra locust on the enclosure, they have a potent bite and can harm your T in case of molting.

Last edited:

Ivike22

Arachnosquire

Can you post a picture of your enclosure? Loos like it's on the dry side. The geniculata should be kept a little bit moist, a little, with some dry areas. Sometimes people keeps the Ts like if they were fish 😂😂😂

Also do not leave the extra locust on the enclosure, they have a potent bite and can harm your T in case of molting.

I know
I took it out
Isn’t it enough to overdloaf the water dish?

jump out.
I’m so stupid didn’t even think of this! haha thanks

Attachments

Dorifto

He who moists xD
I know
I took it out
Isn’t it enough to overdloaf the water dish?
It needs a little bit more and moist substrate, you can move the water dish from the left side to the right, and bury the skull a bit, to make it colder.

Ivike22

Arachnosquire
It needs a little bit more and moist substrate, you can move the water dish from the left side to the right, and bury the skull a bit, to make it colder.
Yes I know,but ran out of substrate and the spider arrived and thought let it settle and will add more later. Okay. And how to make it moist?

she was moving substrate in the skull but stopped maybe she didn’t like it. oh no 😑

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No

DKS is not a thing, it is an indicator of toxin exposure

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
she was moving substrate in the skull but stopped maybe she didn’t like it. oh no 😑
Is the skull supposed to be a hide or if it’s decoration? It takes up a lot of floor space, I’d probably remove it and give a regular hide dug out into the substrate and add more substrate this will also help keeping moisture in the substrate.

Ivike22

Arachnosquire
Is the skull supposed to be a hide or if it’s decoration? It takes up a lot of floor space, I’d probably remove it and give a regular hide dug out into the substrate and add more substrate this will also help keeping moisture in the substrate.
it’s a hide 😑

With water? 😂😂😂

Pour a little bit of water directly on it.
ahh stupid 😂
no I did water dropps all around like rain.
I meant like make the substrate wet and the cook it but don’t let it to dry out completely?

Dorifto

He who moists xD
I use a water sprayer for plants, you don't need to mimic the rain, do it as fast as possible to not to disturb the T. Keep at least one place always moist, not damp, and another one more drier.

Ivike22

Arachnosquire
I use a water sprayer for plants, you don't need to mimic the rain, do it as fast as possible to not to disturb the T. Keep at least one place always moist, not damp, and another one more drier.
okay!
what about a plant that doesn’t require that much light or water?I have a lot of plants like that. And I guess it increases humidity too?

Ivike22

Arachnosquire
yes,but it’s natural and cleans the air
I googled it

Feeders still move while the T is eating them, so if the feeder makes a sudden move or tries to escape the T can react to it like in your video. Totally normal, no reason to worry.
you know my other ts are 3cm
big
I can barely see anything 😃
thanks

Last edited:

Dorifto

He who moists xD
okay!
what about a plant that doesn’t require that much light or water?I have a lot of plants like that. And I guess it increases humidity too?
You should always use plants that suit your T. If the plant has different needs than the T, sorry but that plant it's not suitable. This way you would avoid most of the problems.

Moisting the subtrate will increase the humidity in the enclosure, that's why a good ventilation system is mandatory. Do not look for a specific humidity level in your enclosure, you should consider your room himidity, but only for watering purposes, the drier your climate, the faster the moisture evaporates. Keeping the enclosure moist will raise the humidity to adequate levels automatically.