DKS

Bunyan van Asten

Arachnoknight
I've heard a lot about something called "DKS" if i remember the name correctly, could anyone explain what it is?

cold blood

Staff member
This is one of those times where a quick search would have yeilded almost endless results.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zS5UHnJ6KSU/UmxzFBQe4DI/AAAAAAAAH4k/DW5x804OpLo/s1600/iron16.jpg

DKS is a description of a symptom seen in tarantulas...very often a result of contact with some toxin, but that's not always the case. Much like a runny nose is just a symptom of the real issue, DKS is a symptom of a larger problem.

What it is, is a very twitchy, frantic, uncontrolled (or barely controlled) movement, that renders the t helpless to just about everything. Its quite the sad sight to see, but contrary to what many think, its not a disease...just a symptom....looks like this...

Bunyan van Asten

Arachnoknight
This is one of those times where a quick search would have yeilded almost endless results.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zS5UHnJ6KSU/UmxzFBQe4DI/AAAAAAAAH4k/DW5x804OpLo/s1600/iron16.jpg

DKS is a description of a symptom seen in tarantulas...very often a result of contact with some toxin, but that's not always the case. Much like a runny nose is just a symptom of the real issue, DKS is a symptom of a larger problem.

What it is, is a very twitchy, frantic, uncontrolled (or barely controlled) movement, that renders the t helpless to just about everything. Its quite the sad sight to see, but contrary to what many think, its not a disease...just a symptom....looks like this...

Yeah, sorry about that... But that's quite horrible to be honest

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, sorry about that... But that's quite horrible to be honest

Remember, Google is your friend ;) On almost everything a beginner asks, one can find it on google as this forum is indexed by Google. Maybe the DKS sticky has info too, I'm not sure.

DKS is not a true disease, there are no studies on it.