Dks

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm sad to report that I have another spidy with DKS an Aphonopelma Sp."Paysoni" sling....just a baby! She was fine yesterday.....today herky jerky. I have no clue what is causeing this but I do think its Contagious. This is my third Aphonopelma Sp. T to catch this in the past month and I fear for all my T's at this point. On a brighter note I was outside last night in the desert playing a music gig when I see this little Aphonopelma Chalcodes run up to my drum set....we were in the middle of a song! When the set was over I not only found one T but two more! Stage lights and 100 degree weather brought out all the bugs you can think of.....feeding time! Sooooo, I brought one home with me in a plastic cup from my gig....what fun! My first wild caught T and it ran right up to me and just sat there for a set of music....Wow!!!:D We were next to a man made lake.....water source and lots of bugs.

Last edited:

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This IS odd..Didn't you recently move into a new place?Check and see if it was sprayed when the last tenants moved out.Most complexes/landlords down here bring in Terminex or some other pest control company to control roaches/termites/scorpions and all that other crap.We had this same darn issue with our last place.Lost a few T's as well.

Last edited:

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry about your sling:( I lost one to dks like 2 weeks ago:( I still immediatly look to where his container was when I wake up and then remember he's not there. And thats really cool about the tarantula that came up to you!:razz: He must have really liked your music!;)

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This IS odd..Didn't you recently move into a new place?Check and see if it was sprayed when the last tenants moved out.Most complexes/landlords down here bring in Terminex or some other pest control company to control roaches/termites/scorpions and all that other crap.We had this same darn issue with our last place.Lost a few T's as well.
Brett.... I think you are right on the money with this....I moved my T's out of the T room and I have them all over my apartment with good cross Ventilation.....will see if that helps. Brett, yes, I just moved inti a new apartment and my guess is you are correct! Forgot to ad this, Brett.....sling was in a new Michaels plastic cube so the plastic wasn't breaking down or anything like that. Chems is best guess at this point in time.

Last edited:

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Brett.... I think you are right on the money with this....I moved my T's out of the T room and I have them all over my apartment with good cross Ventilation.....will see if that helps. Brett, yes, I just moved inti a new apartment and my guess is you are correct!
I just hope you can get to the bottom of this!Time to wipe down every square inch of your place,Mickey.It just seems to make sense;you moved,and started losing tarantulas.Ask your neighbors if they have been getting sprayed monthly as well( or even if they have been sprayed in the recent past).I used to time it out with our last neighbors so that we would both get sprayed the same day,to avoid any potential "surprises".The stuff the places use down here is wicked to say the least,and it would not shock me one bit if it could seep into a neighboring condo/apt/etc.***edit.better get to the bottom of it,so you can get these slings I have here for you......

Zman181

Arachnoknight
Sorry for your loss Mickey66. Did you by any chance have contact with a cat or dog which could have possibly been dosed with Frontline, Advantix, Revolition, etc... ? I lost 3 LP slings about 5 months ago with Dks and I narrowed it down to having applied Frontline to my dog. I no longer dose my dog with this medication. Awesome how you had a little A. Chalcodes just come up to you like that :)

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
I'm sad to report that I have another spidy with DKS an Aphonopelma Sp."Paysoni" sling....just a baby! She was fine yesterday.....today herky jerky. I have no clue what is causeing this but I do think its Contagious. This is my third Aphonopelma Sp. T to catch this in the past month and I fear for all my T's at this point. On a brighter note I was outside last night in the desert playing a music gig when I see this little Aphonopelma Chalcodes run up to my drum set....we were in the middle of a song! When the set was over I not only found one T but two more! Stage lights and 100 degree weather brought out all the bugs you can think of.....feeding time! Sooooo, I brought one home with me in a plastic cup from my gig....what fun! My first wild caught T and it ran right up to me and just sat there for a set of music....Wow!!!:D
Report it here.

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry for your loss Mickey66. Did you by any chance have contact with a cat or dog which could have possibly been dosed with Frontline, Advantix, Revolition, etc... ? I lost 3 LP slings about 5 months ago with Dks and I narrowed it down to having applied Frontline to my dog. I no longer dose my dog with this medication. Awesome how you had a little A. Chalcodes just come up to you like that :)
No, no contact with dogs or cats but I do buy cricket's at petco and there is always dogs and cats in there.