DKS Symptoms?

yabaidesuyone

Arachnosquire
So I got this Grammostola pulchripes yesterday, and since she arrived in this place I placed her in that temporary enclosure, she seems fine and a little bit lethargic, but still manages to kick some hair right at me.
But I just realized today that she twitches and jerks for a few sec like every few minute as in the video I attached in this post.
Anybody can confirm if this is a DKS symptoms or is it just me over-worrying her well being?

Attachments

Arachnolove420

Arachnopeon
Oh no!
The dreaded 3 letters!

To be honest, your description makes it hard to say if your T is showing signs of DKS. It might be then again it may be acting normal. A video of what your T is doing that you're questioning would be helpful.

I have not yet experienced DKS personally as a keeper, but I try to keep up on the topic and current researcshares though. Typically, but not always, the symptoms begin with the T shaking it's leg when it lifts it to walk. This has been described as looking similar to a dog or cat trying to shake something from it's paw. It then progress to complete loss of motor control, often resulting in spastic movements (like the first video you shared).

yabaidesuyone

Arachnosquire
Oh no!
The dreaded 3 letters!

To be honest, your description makes it hard to say if your T is showing signs of DKS. It might be then again it may be acting normal. A video of what your T is doing that you're questioning would be helpful.

I have not yet experienced DKS personally as a keeper, but I try to keep up on the topic and current researcshares though. Typically, but not always, the symptoms begin with the T shaking it's leg when it lifts it to walk. This has been described as looking similar to a dog or cat trying to shake something from it's paw. It then progress to complete loss of motor control, often resulting in spastic movements (like the first video you shared).
Uh, any chance you can tell on something in any of the 3 videos I shared? Its kinda hard to catch it from start to finish since I have no idea when she starts doing that jerking thing. She seems like "got her leg stuck" on something invisible.
Honestly I am kinda 50:50 on this, but since I am not in any means an expert, any opinions and advices very appreciated.

Arachnolove420

Arachnopeon
Uh, any chance you can tell on something in any of the 3 videos I shared? Its kinda hard to catch it from start to finish since I have no idea when she starts doing that jerking thing. She seems like "got her leg stuck" on something invisible.
Honestly I am kinda 50:50 on this, but since I am not in any means an expert, any opinions and advices very appreciated.
Your description "seems like got her leg stuck" sounds like it could be DKS.

As for the videos you posted, they do seem like some DKS I have seen before in other videos. Sometimes the movements are much more rapid and spastic and sometimes more like in the videos you shared.

Here's a good video example of this horrible "set of synptoms":

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
well your first 3videos you have a newly arrived t on loose sub its gonna move funny since its probably not liking the loose sub much. pic you posted its on packed down damp sub basicly you have a new (stressed out t) in a temp cage. i wouldnt stress much unless you know its been exposed to chemicals just leave it alone and get it into its new permanent cage soon as you can once you get the rest of what you need

yabaidesuyone

Arachnosquire
well your first 3videos you have a newly arrived t on loose sub its gonna move funny since its probably not liking the loose sub much. pic you posted its on packed down damp sub basicly you have a new (stressed out t) in a temp cage. i wouldnt stress much unless you know its been exposed to chemicals just leave it alone and get it into its new permanent cage soon as you can once you get the rest of what you need
Thank you for the advice, while I do hope as well as what you said, I really haven't seen any of my T's doing this upon arrival or the day after.
Still I hope it really as what you said.

Arachnolove420

Arachnopeon
Thank you for the advice, while I do hope as well as what you said, I really haven't seen any of my T's doing this upon arrival or the day after.
Still I hope it really as what you said.
I hope so too.
Please keep us updated on your T.

yabaidesuyone

Arachnosquire
Thank y'all for the advices and informations, breeder/seller just confirmed that she probably got DKS, movement getting a little bit more frantic and sudden.
And thankfully he offered me another G.pulchripes so I'm going to return this little poor baby to him.

Case closed
TLDR : recently arrived G.Pulchripes most likely got DKS and returned to the seller.

Arachnolove420

Arachnopeon
Thank y'all for the advices and informations, breeder/seller just confirmed that she probably got DKS, movement getting a little bit more frantic and sudden.
And thankfully he offered me another G.pulchripes so I'm going to return this little poor baby to him.

Case closed
TLDR : recently arrived G.Pulchripes most likely got DKS and returned to the seller.
Aw, I'm sorry to hear about that poor baby!
I really wish the causes and treatment were known. There are many theories about the causes, but nothing proven specifically to cause it. As for survival, I've only come across one claim of survival in my research, but I'm not sure if it's true.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that the seller is going to replace that poor baby. Good luck with the new one when it arrives and thanks for the update!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Those setups need a lot of work. They are not good.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
No such thing as "DKS" and I wish people would stop perpetuating all of these BS syndromes. What people call "DKS/Dyskinetic Syndrome" is just dyskinesia, dyskinesia is a symptom of an underlying problem, many are known, successfully treat the problem and it's entirely possible for the tarantula to make a complete recovery.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No such thing as "DKS" and I wish people would stop perpetuating all of these BS syndromes. What people call "DKS/Dyskinetic Syndrome" is just dyskinesia, dyskinesia is a symptom of an underlying problem, many are known, successfully treat the problem and it's entirely possible for the tarantula to make a complete recovery.

Couldn't agree more- gave up telling people that long time ago- internet keeps stupidity alive

yabaidesuyone

Arachnosquire

Noted, will do more research abt it for further info. Thank you.