DIY Idea for terraium need help with ideas

Deathreaver

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey ya'll,
I fave 5 plates of thin glass from gold garage door that I found under my house. I am think thinging about makeing a square terrarium useing a PVC pipe frame, with a Fiberglass, or wood bottom, and sealing it with a non- toxic silicone sealent. Any suggestions. I'll probably use it with a spider or snake, still not sure though. thanks,

DPS

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
How big are you talking? Unless you are talking above the rough size of, say, a 10 gallon, it really isn't worth including a frame. Just silicone the pieces together (use aquarium-safe silicone caulking, it will say on the package). I have a couple 14"x14"x14" aquariums I put together in that fashion. They are sitting unused in the garage, but that isn't the point. ;)

Cheers,
Dave

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
A quick word of advice, don't do it indoors! That aquarium silicone is some powerful smelling stuff. Also, I'd try to find a caulking gun, as the tube I used was REALLY hard to squeeze out.

Bill

Deathreaver

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The peices of glass are roughly 1/4 inch think (reason for the frame {very fragile} had 8 pieces broke three of them getting them out of the garage door) and around 1 foot tall by 2 - 2.5 foot long. I was thinking about a Hexigon type shape, which would be about 15 - 20 gallons I guesstimate. I will be a large tank, for what ever I put in it. I could use plexiglass and make sections for different T's, but still just working on the idea.

Deathreaver

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Figured out the size of the tank. Ya'll won't believe it. 11.109 Cubic feet, or roughly 83.095 GALLONS!!!!!!!! :eek: That is gona be one huge terriarum! Any ideas for a bottom plexiglass may not work!!!!:eek: