Disturbing AGB substrate

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ok it seems that my grandaughter dumped some N. americanus in the tank wiht my AGBs ... woudl it do harm to try to dig them out ? I may have eggs/ babies of the AGB in there as they have been mating liek all day every day for a few months now...
or shoudl i just watch for them and grab them if they show up?

spydrhunter1

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I would just grab them as they come out of the substrate. My AGB's have a network of tunnels constructed through the substrate, and I disturb it as little as possible.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Worst case scenario, the N. americanus will merely compete with the africans for food. I'd give them sufficient food and remove them as you see them.

If they happen to lay eggs, it's not that that big of a deal. Long as you grab them up before their offspring are sexually mature, there's not much you have to fear from infestation.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Worst case scenario, the N. americanus will merely compete with the africans for food. I'd give them sufficient food and remove them as you see them.

If they happen to lay eggs, it's not that that big of a deal. Long as you grab them up before their offspring are sexually mature, there's not much you have to fear from infestation.
oh its not so much that, just that someoen wants some and i cant find them lol