Disturbed while on back

Feoilsera

Arachnopeon
The other day My B.emilia flipped onto her back out of nowhere, no indication of premolt, no molting mat underneath her, and I had left a locust in her enclosure from a few hours before.

I knew she hadn't started the process, since I had just walked past her like 2 minutes prior and she was upright, than when I turned she was on her back. I knew keeping the locust in there was a bad idea, so I very very hesitantly opened her enclosure, and when I did, she slowly just got up and walked into away. I removed the food and I've been leaving her alone without pestering her. She hasn't attempted to molt again yet, and it's been two days, and I'm really worried I've messed up :(

hestoncv

Arachnosquire
I'm no expert but that doesn't sound like cause for worry. Someone else can give their opinion but I'm sure it will molt when it is ready

Feoilsera

Arachnopeon
I'm no expert but that doesn't sound like cause for worry. Someone else can give their opinion but I'm sure it will molt when it is ready
It probably isn't, I really just needed to hear that I didn't absolutely fuck up and passively kill my tarantula :'))

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Should be fine, just leave her alone. The last time my B. hijmenseni moulted I picked up the enclosure without realising she'd flipped so when I opened the enclosure it spooked her and she got up from off her back, put the enclosure back and the next time I checked back on her she was moulting upright but it was a successful moult.

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
Also, of all possible feeder insects, locusts are probably the least offensive/annoying/dangerous ones to leave in the tank with a molting tarantula. I am not saying that you shouldn't care when it happens, but a locust tends to go upwards away from the tarantula, doesn't move much - and doesn't tend to munch on it when it starts molting.

Feoilsera

Arachnopeon
Also, of all possible feeder insects, locusts are probably the least offensive/annoying/dangerous ones to leave in the tank with a molting tarantula. I am not saying that you shouldn't care when it happens, but a locust tends to go upwards away from the tarantula, doesn't move much - and doesn't tend to munch on it when it starts molting.
I honestly had no clue, I thought they were just as dangerous as crickets. Thanks for letting me know :))

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The other day My B.emilia flipped onto her back out of nowhere, no indication of premolt, no molting mat underneath her, and I had left a locust in her enclosure from a few hours before.

I knew she hadn't started the process, since I had just walked past her like 2 minutes prior and she was upright, than when I turned she was on her back. I knew keeping the locust in there was a bad idea, so I very very hesitantly opened her enclosure, and when I did, she slowly just got up and walked into away. I removed the food and I've been leaving her alone without pestering her. She hasn't attempted to molt again yet, and it's been two days, and I'm really worried I've messed up :(
1 you did the right thing
2 I’ve done the same- no issues
3 what’s done is done- can’t change the past move on!

Feoilsera

Arachnopeon
Th
1 you did the right thing
2 I’ve done the same- no issues
3 what’s done is done- can’t change the past move on!
It is honestly such a relief to hear such positive feedback from everyone, I was worrying about it for the better part of the day. :) hopefully when she molts I can update yousé on it