Displaying centipedes well?

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
So a friend of mine came over recently and watched me mess with my S. heros sp, and he decided he wanted one.
However, he likes much more aesthetically pleasing setups than a jar or rubbermade container. Does anyone have an idea of what he could use that would both look good and prevent escapes?

Last edited:

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
it really depends on the size of the pede. an appropriately sized kritter keeper would look nice and as long as the pede cant reach the top then it should be very hard for it to get out. if the centipede is large enough then a glass tank can be used although they are expensive.overall, preventing escapes is most important.

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It'll most likely be an S. polymorpha.
Thanks for the container store link, I'll show it to him.

insect714

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
And I just noticed you're in Houston, TX, there are 2 container stores in your area so he can save on the shipping cost also...

Houston Galleria
2511 Post Oak Blvd.
Houston, TX 77056

North Huston
5466 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77069

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Wow, thanks for that! I had no idea we had any stores here.
I think I'll get a few there myself lol

insect714

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
One thing to keep in mind when getting these ones set up is the Vent hole that you will drill. When I am drilling my holes I place a piece of wood inside to support the pressure of the drilling action to avoid any flex in the Acrylic. With the larger ones it is a bit easier to drill from the inside out so that you can use a flat wooden base to drill into for the support and you avoid the chance of flex.

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That definitely makes sense, thanks for the tip. Do you use any special bits?

insect714

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nope, no special bits here, I just tend to use a slower speed on the drill so that I am sure I have total control of the enclosure while drilling...

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
for that price, you should just get one of those exo terrariums.

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
He wouldn't need an exoterra for a small polymorpha, nor would he need that big doll case. I think I'm gonna tell him to get the basketball sized display case.

Also, I don't know if i'd trust an exo terra's security