Display spider suggestions

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
P.cambridgei has been one of my favorite display species, I have two large females and they are almost always out. Its among the most voracious arboreals I've ever experienced, their feeding response is unreal, plus they grow super fast and get huge as adults. They also build these beautiful structures with their webbing, quite an active species in that regard.

I can't think of any better arboreal for what your looking for, perfect display species. On top of that they are cheap and hardy. They can be a handful at times, but that's part of the fun. Mine aren't all that skittish and rarely budge when I'm doing maintenance, they are gorgeous too.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
My A.genic, GBBs, G.pulchripes and B.hamorii are out all the time. My B.vagans male is out while the female will go into her hide at the smallest disturbance.

Whatever you're into, man
You can't tell my that's not a cool burrow. :D

Adenovirus19

Arachnopeon
Wow. Thanks everyone for your responses. Sounds like I have a lot more spiders to purchase!!! Those pics that you have all sent are awesome!!
(And the addiction rolls on......)

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
P.cambridgei has been one of my favorite display species, I have two large females and they are almost always out. Its among the most voracious arboreals I've ever experienced, their feeding response is unreal. They also build these beautiful structures with their webbing
Granted, they eat like savages but mine is a ghost, its web/dirt/moss tower and its toes are all I see of it, my irminia is out more often lol

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Granted, they eat like savages but mine is a ghost, its web/dirt/moss tower and its toes are all I see of it, my irminia is out more often lol
My 3 P.irminia only come out at night,
the P.cambridgei are almost always visible. Maybe you got a more skittish specimen, after all individuals vary...

Deb60

Arachnosquire
Eauktly
Hi all,

Like many of you, I have a T-addiction. Step 1: admit I have a problem. Step 2: Admit I cannot control it. Step 3: give it up to a higher power (my friends on Arachnoboards)

Actually, my favorite spider was my first: A. Calcoides 4 inch female I got from Ken the Bug Guy. I like that she is always out, approaches any disturbance rather than runs from it, and has some awesome strange behaviors: climbs the enclosure at night, seems to go into a trance from time to time, and devours her feeders.

I understand that all individuals differ within a species. But generally, what else in your experience is a good display spider that is not likely to hide or burrow[/QUO

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
My A.genic, GBBs, G.pulchripes and B.hamorii are out all the time. My B.vagans male is out while the female will go into her hide at the smallest disturbance.

You can't tell my that's not a cool burrow. :D
wow, sweet hole. :meh:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
My 3 P.irminia only come out at night,
the P.cambridgei are almost always visible. Maybe you got a more skittish specimen, after all individuals vary...
Probably, I do seem to end up with a few oddball specimens (I swear they take after me), my P. irminia is often visible (even during the day, she does go ghost from time to time but not often) whereas I've only seen my cambridgei out of its web tunnel 3 or 4 times since I got it.

cold blood

Staff member
Probably, I do seem to end up with a few oddball specimens (I swear they take after me), my P. irminia is often visible (even during the day, she does go ghost from time to time but not often) whereas I've only seen my cambridgei out of its web tunnel 3 or 4 times since I got it.
i predict that will change with the passage of enough time.

My AF irminia was literally always out...i thought i was lucky...she matured and now she only comes out to eat and mate...incredibly reclusive....ive raised lots of cams (sac last year) and can count the reclusive ones on one hand. And ive never had an adult female that was at all reclusive.