Disgusting Conditions at Guzoo, Alberta

Tuckoo

Arachnopeon
I joined this site because of my interest in Ts but I am posting this for a much different reason. I am just trying to get the word out about this "zoo" to as many people as I can. It's called Guzoo and it's located in Alberta, Canada. The conditions these supposedly rescued animals are kept in are horrible. Tigers, camels, and other hot climate animals are kept outside throughout harsh Alberta winters with no heat source and little shelter. Animals are kept in filthy, too-small enclosures, often with no source of food or water. Countless complaints have been made but nothing has been done because the government views these animals as property rather than living beings. There is an online petition to have this place shut down. It only takes a minute to sign and I hope that you will do it, and encourage others to as well. I have posted this link on my Facebook and sent emails to various animal welfare organizations. Like I said, I'm just trying to get the word out in any way I can think of.

If you would like to see pictures of the conditions I'm talking about, here is a link to a public Facebook album of photos taken by someone who visited this "zoo":
http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=636678&id=563805693&fbid=10150443011925694

And here is a link for the online petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/guzoo/petition.html

Thank you.

Last edited:

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
Just signed the petition. It's sad when a person doesn't care for their pets, it's even worse if it's a zoo (whose only purpose is to provide a good enclosure and food to their animals). That place should be closed down or turned over to a new owner.

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I signed it. If you can't give the animals optimal care, don't be in that business.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Tigers, camels, and other hot climate animals are kept outside throughout harsh Alberta winters with no heat source and little shelter.
The place may be absolutely horrid, but I just wanted to point out that some camels (bactrain, I believe) and some tigers (siberian to be sure) live in quite cold climates and are well suited to cold environments provided they have adequate shelter from the winds and they are provided with adequate food to maintain their core temperature.

Doesn't detract from the overall point but still a point that needed to be made.

Cheers,
Dave

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd get this out to www.911animalabuse.com (not ascociated with PETA or HSUS) for other's awareness. They list which shelters/zoos are recommended and which are deplorable.

Moonface

Arachnopeon
An update: the zoo has been shut down and is currently in the process of being decommissioned. Finally. This Gustafson guy is like a perfect storm of shameless ignorance and sheer determination.