Discussion Thread for the Arachnoposters

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Arachnoboards said:
The contest has been extended one last time. See details here:
Thanks for extending it again. I haven't had power, phone, or hot water for a week (just got it back 10 minutes ago). This gives me a chance to get one last photo in :)

-Bryan

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
TheEternal said:
Thanks for extending it again. I haven't had power, phone, or hot water for a week (just got it back 10 minutes ago). This gives me a chance to get one last photo in :)

-Bryan
Wow Bry, is your home o.k?

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
MizM said:
Wow Bry, is your home o.k?
Yes. We were lucky with that part of everything. I won't saturate this thread with any more information about it, though. If you need to know anything else, just PM me :)

-Bryan

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
No name said:
Hi Arachnoboard,

Do you think it's good to make an announcement that the contest is officially close? Probably could also let everyone know when will the result be release.

Best regards,

NN
I concur. Or even better, the processed entries themselves! Or at least the photographers + spp. list?

On the other hand, it seems that last year's was quite a success. Although I haven't been here long, I've seen numerous great pix being posted. I really can't see why this year's response had been relatively sluggish.

Anihu, good luck for those who participated! I can't wait to see them, winning or not. *fingers X'd*

Arachnoboards

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Update

After a short private viewing for the judges, the entries are now up for viewing at Arachnopics.com

We suggest sorting by "Title" in the upper right corner.

Enjoy and good luck to all who entered.

The Arachnoboards Team

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
After seeing the pics I have to say I own each and every one of you.

J/K

<EDIT> anyway, now that I've really seen some of the pics I have to say that there are some really great pics, why dont we see more pics like these on the boards in everyday life??

Ps
Maybe there should be a Poecilotheria poster on its own.

Last edited:

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i was watching a slide show of the pics, saw like 4 of them and got an internal server error, said to ask MR> Deranged about it. i tried it later and it worked. probibably just server overload, but reL SWEET PICS, I'D HATE TO HAVE TO DECIDE.

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The regalis molted between these posts and my last one and I suddenly got something to work on.

Well, even a genious can be wrong :p

<EDIT> I think I misunderstood your post. After seeing that you've posted a pic of a metallica and a pic of a klaasi................... you, you :mad: aaaargh...

:p Great animals and pics. If only I get to go to Hamm...

Last edited:

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
genious_gr said:
I think I misunderstood your post. After seeing that you've posted a pic of a metallica and a pic of a klaasi................... you, you :mad: aaaargh...
whahaha did it especially for you

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
Just saw ALL the entries with the handy slide show button. Good job guys! I can't wait till the next one.

Out of all the pix, the most impressive ones as a pic, IMHO, were a frontal shot of a horned baboon, blondi under sunset, fuzzy rosey with the metallic red cap, and the emilia with the cute short legs! Also lots of eye openers involving some unheard of (at least I haven't) spp.

When will the result be announced?

No name

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
JohnxII said:
Out of all the pix, the most impressive ones as a pic, IMHO, were a frontal shot of a horned baboon

Quoted from Arachnoboard:

We are looking for "Full Body Shots" of the tarantulas, much like most pics in the calendar.

Does this breach the contest entry regulations?

Regards,

NN

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
such a show-off that Dutch metallica guy :rolleyes:

go Eddy go !!!

usumbaraboy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thats some really good pics u have found urself and they are sweet i like all of them good job

No name

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
JacenBeers said:
Here are the pictures that I think should win the arachno poster contest.
Hi JacenBeers,

You have choosen one of mine. Thanks for the compliment.
Indeed, all of the photos who entered are simplily wonderful. And before the last tick of the clock, everyone do stand a chance.

I wish all who have entered all the best!

Best regards,

NN

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
there better be a P> metallica in that list! P. metallica is the best!