Discoids or dubia?

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just received a box of roaches today having been told they were a colony of discoids the seller did not need anymore. When i opened the box up i found they were not discoids but dubia...:wall: The guy had know idea that he did not have discoids. I'm happy to have dubia but there less adults then the guy said...
Oh well just thought it was a funny thing,
~Samuel

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hm, what did the guy say when you told him about it?

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
He said he got them 2 years ago as discoids and he did not know much about roaches and he never learned better... Wonder if he ever read a care sheet on discoids, most have photos... I was trading him some snake hooks for them and he said i could send 1 less cage hook (was going to send 1 field and 2 cage) since there were only half as many adults as he thought.
I'm not realy disopointed just it amazed me,
~Samuel

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yea i think so. Also they breed faster i think and the babies are bigger to start.

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That's cool. I'm glad everything is working out with them. I can see how someone that doesn't know much about roaches wouldn't know they weren't discoids. To most people a roach is just a roach.

Aquanut

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, and they look so similar (said with much sarcasm):D

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I just got a box of dubia and the look like well dubia lol
somethign must be wrong with them , they are suposed to look like discoids arent they???
ohh thanks Bear foot BTW
Romans 8:28

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lol they are suposed to look like Discoids becouse they are DISCOIDS!!!! :wall: Glad they made it fine though... :D :D :D
Have fun with the little guys,
~Samuel