'Disabled' tarantula

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
It doesn't look like dyskinesia to me, looks more like it's having a hard time with the leaf litter, tarantulas aren't overly fond of walking on loose stuff like moss, leaf litter, or even loose coco fibres, all of those can cause them to walk funny.

inazumarina

Arachnopeon
It doesn't look like dyskinesia to me, looks more like it's having a hard time with the leaf litter, tarantulas aren't overly fond of walking on loose stuff like moss, leaf litter, or even loose coco fibres, all of those can cause them to walk funny.
She walks like this no matter what surface she’s on (this just happened to be the better video that I have).

Ancistrus

Arachnopeon
I have one B. Hamorii with the exact condition as your B. Albiceps.
I started out with two 1/4 inch slings, both kept exactly the same condition, fed at the same time, same amount etc.
Both turned out to be females (yes!).
When both were around 2.5 inches, I lost interest in T's and around this time, one of them was acting/moving like crazy; the other one was fine.
I sold one of them and ended up keeping the one with the condition. (I still have her today)
She is currently around 3 inches and she has gotten a lot better than in the beginning of her condition.
She molted once or twice (not sure of the # of times) and she still eats.
Although she eats, she does not pounce or chase or prey down like she used; I have to tong feed her every time. And sometimes she misses the prey and bites the wooden tongs really hard and does not let go.
I see her move around from time to time, but very slowly.

She has gotten better since the beginning and I think that she will eventually make a full recovery and I sure your will also.

Question: how does your Albiceps eat? do you have to tong feed her also or does it go after the prey?

inazumarina

Arachnopeon
I have one B. Hamorii with the exact condition as your B. Albiceps.
I started out with two 1/4 inch slings, both kept exactly the same condition, fed at the same time, same amount etc.
Both turned out to be females (yes!).
When both were around 2.5 inches, I lost interest in T's and around this time, one of them was acting/moving like crazy; the other one was fine.
I sold one of them and ended up keeping the one with the condition. (I still have her today)
She is currently around 3 inches and she has gotten a lot better than in the beginning of her condition.
She molted once or twice (not sure of the # of times) and she still eats.
Although she eats, she does not pounce or chase or prey down like she used; I have to tong feed her every time. And sometimes she misses the prey and bites the wooden tongs really hard and does not let go.
I see her move around from time to time, but very slowly.

She has gotten better since the beginning and I think that she will eventually make a full recovery and I sure your will also.

Question: how does your Albiceps eat? do you have to tong feed her also or does it go after the prey?
Thank you so much for responding 🙌 I was sure some other T must’ve had something like this aha.
Yes, have to tong feed as well as she won’t chase it. Literally holding prey up to her fangs till she takes it.

inazumarina

Arachnopeon
Hi folks, it’s been a year and I wanted to update, she moulted again with no problems on 11th November 22, and unfortunately no improvement- if anything her movement is even more janky than before. Attached a pic and video taken this week, 1 month post moult, upon feeding her (it’s a big ol' precrushed female dubia, hence her struggling to contain it).

Attachments

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Nice to see you again!!

It looks like a permanent internal injury, maybe it's not capable of pumping enough fluids, so hence the jerky movemens. Maybe increasing in size didn't help?

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
Hi folks, it’s been a year and I wanted to update, she moulted again with no problems on 11th November 22, and unfortunately no improvement- if anything her movement is even more janky than before. Attached a pic and video taken this week, 1 month post moult, upon feeding her (it’s a big ol' precrushed female dubia, hence her struggling to contain it).
It also looks like she had a bad molt. Her back leg is bent at an unnatural angle. I mean, she’s still kicking and you obviously care about your animal. All I can say is keep doing what you can to make the animals life as healthy as possible.