Dirt fell on baby scorpion—help!

ScorpionFears

Arachnopeon
So I’m a first time scorpion mom, and I just got two fit-on-your-fingernail sized baby Asian forest scorpions and brought them home an hour ago. I put them in the same tank at first, but then that made me nervous so I went to gently coax one into a container so I could bring them to the second tank I have set up.

But when I lifted up the hide, eco earth fell on one of the babies! It buried them good and proper, and while I transported the one that was running around the baby didn’t reappear by itself. So I ended up uncovering it because I was worried, but now I’m afraid I’ve wounded it fatally. It still was moving around and walked back into the fixed hide by itself, but I’m worried that’s just temporary and I’ve killed it already. What should I do (if I can do anything)???

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
It is likely just fine, worse things than this will happen in the wild ...

ScorpionFears

Arachnopeon
Update: both little ones were out patrolling their new tanks a hour or so after posting. I haven’t been in the tanks besides delivering food and replacing their water, but I did see some movement tonight in the very back of the hide that’s by the UTH of the tank belonging to the scorpion I was worried about. So I know at least it’s still alive in there!