Dirt Curtain / Web Tube Appreciation Thread!

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
This girl built all the way to the top. She's due for a rehouse and I almost hate to destroy all her hard work. And yes, the enclosure is on the stove, no I don't keep it there.lol. The lighting is just better there.

marshalli enc.jpg marshalli enc 2.jpg

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Keep forgetting to post in here @aprilmayjunebugs!!

here’s one of my Psalmopoeus cambridgei coming out of its dirt tube entrance to its burrow!!..... But ugh I have been trying to upload some dang pics but I got a new full frame body and the files are just too big for AB!! Ugh I don’t get it they are under 2mb but still say too big ahaha I will figure this out!!

@aprilmayjunebugs okay here’s Praxidike coming out from its dirt curtain burrow up Into its web tube!! I’ll get some more together for ya!! F27A08EC-31DF-43ED-87F3-F400AD85F315.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Awe, I love it! I can't wait for mine to put on a little more size :) Thank you for sharing and sorry I put you on the spot like that, lol!
Ohhh putting me on the spot was welcomed!! This guy is about 2.75in dls!! Getting more pipecleaner every molt, I think it may be a male though I got a ventral look not too long ago and looked male

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
Ohhh putting me on the spot was welcomed!! This guy is about 2.75in dls!! Getting more pipecleaner every molt, I think it may be a male though I got a ventral look not too long ago and looked male
More pipecleaner :lol: :rofl: :lol: I'm sure you'll find a nice lady for him if he is male. Mine's still only an inch and has not molted for me yet, and I've had it since mid Feb. We can't handle more than 72° in the house though.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
More pipecleaner :lol: :rofl: :lol: I'm sure you'll find a nice lady for him if he is male. Mine's still only an inch and has not molted for me yet, and I've had it since mid Feb. We can't handle more than 72° in the house though.
Ohhh we can’t handle more than that either I wouldn’t worry about it too much!

aprilmayjunebugs

Arachnosupporter
Ohhh we can’t handle more than that either I wouldn’t worry about it too much!
Thanks for that, I had been a tad worried :) I just watered it and there was barely any reaction, so maybe we have pre molt finally!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Thanks for that, I had been a tad worried :) I just watered it and there was barely any reaction, so maybe we have pre molt finally!
Yeah! My whhole collection sits at like thhe 68-72 degree range most the time and I have never had any problems! Just may not be the superb growth rates, but I havent found it all that slow either

KenNet

Arachnosquire
Part of the Web Tube from my still small (~3") Cyriopagopus sp. Hati Hati.
Unfortunately I have to destroy it soon, since she needs a rehouse to a bigger (final) enclosure.

Cyriopagopus sp. Hati Hati. WT.jpg

aprilmayjunebugs

Arachnosupporter
Awesome pic, and don't worry she will rebuild :)

Yeah! My whhole collection sits at like thhe 68-72 degree range most the time and I have never had any problems! Just may not be the superb growth rates, but I havent found it all that slow either
Part of the Web Tube from my still small (~3") Cyriopagopus sp. Hati Hati.
Unfortunately I have to destroy it soon, since she needs a rehouse to a bigger (final) enclosure.

View attachment 383309
Exactly what we like to keep it at too and with the first few I never worried too much because growth rate seemed to be on par with what I expected, but after acquiring the psalmos and second versi I am pretty diligent about insisting it gets no lower than that. I could always move some of them upstairs for a while if I feel they need more heat, though I haven't had to yet.

Last edited by a moderator: