Dipluridae sp. Skinny & Not eating.

EvenVeryOdd

Arachnopeon
I have a 1' Dipluridae sp. He/She has always eaten fine. Always happy to accept food. Had nice vivid colors.

Until recently. It has completely changed. It does not eat. No longer gets food. Is more scared of the food, runs away from it. Tried prekilled, doesn't get it.

The poor little guy looks so messed up at this point. It looked bad before. I thought it was something that would pass so I tried a few times to feed for a while.

But then I come to check on it and it's looking more dead than alive.

It just won't eat. No matter what. It's abdomen practically looks like it's getting sucked in at this point. It's coloration is gone.

I'm afraid this one might be a goner from the condition it's in.

Attachments

Thearachnidaddict

Arachnosquire
Have you tried giving it water? if not give it water immediately that might help as it looks incredibly dehydrated

I have had similar things happen and my first action always is to offer water. Also what is the size of the feeders? It could be that the feeders you are offering are either too small or too large

Liquifin

Arachnoking
You have a mature male spider which is the reason why it is like that. To explain, your spider is a mature male and all mature male spiders will live off borrowed time after maturity. Mature male spiders do not live long once they are fully mature, so they will prioritize finding a female for mating before dying since they won't live much longer. Any mature male spider will barely eat or rest as they know that won't live much longer, so they spend that last few moments of their remaining lives looking for a mate before dying. Your spider is at the end of his life so there is nothing that can be done since he is already matured for who knows how long. I hope this gives you some answers and insight.

Thearachnidaddict

Arachnosquire
You have a mature male spider which is the reason why it is like that. To explain, your spider is a mature male and all mature male spiders will live off borrowed time after maturity. Mature male spiders do not live long once they are fully mature, so they will prioritize finding a female for mating before dying since they won't live much longer. Any mature male spider will barely eat or rest as they know that won't live much longer, so they spend that last few moments of their remaining lives looking for a mate before dying. Your spider is at the end of his life so there is nothing that can be done since he is already matured for who knows how long. I hope this gives you some answers and insight.
Yeah you are right i did not notice the bulbs on the pedipalps

Thearachnidaddict

Arachnosquire
its a shame it ended up male as dipluridae are some of the coolest spiders in my opinion

And you are right i just noticed it had tibial spurs.