-Dinner Time-

ex0tics

Arachnopeon
I don't see this as bad nobody complains if it's a snake. Mice would be quite a "on the menu" thing for a `pede in the wild if it got the chance I imagine.

Nice photographs.
I found them really interesting of just how much those size `pedes would eat so in future reference when my pling get to that size I'll know what size mice they can eat roughly as a treat.

Last edited:

fantasticp

Arachnocompulsive
Old Timer
The second to last pic is probably in bad taste, but this is the internet:/

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice photographs.
I found them really interesting of just how much those size `pedes would eat so in future reference when my pling get to that size I'll know what size mice they can eat roughly as a treat.
It is illegal to use live vertebrates as feeders in the UK. ;)

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Really? Oh.
I know of people using for snake though? Many people actually so whats the deal with that :?
Apparently feeding live vertebrates to a pet reptile which refuses to eat prekilled food is legal, but I know for a fact that feeding live vertebrates to pet invertebrates is illegal.

ex0tics

Arachnopeon
Apparently feeding live vertebrates to a pet reptile which refuses to eat prekilled food is legal, but I know for a fact that feeding live vertebrates to pet invertebrates is illegal.
Cheers :clap:

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I cant figure out why so many people are giving this guy so much trash.He's
from Hong Kong.It a different culture.Thay have different ways than us and have
different ways of doing things.Thay eat live insects,fish and other small
animals.Thay eat,drink and do things we would never dream of.It's part of
there culture and considered normal.Just because we don't agree with it
doen't make it wrong.I feed my T's and pedes pinkies and hopper at least
once a month.Sometimes there frozen and sometimes there live.I wouldn't
show pictures of it.But that don't make it wrong.He called His thread Dinner
Time.What did you think was going to happen.I new what was going to
happen before I looked at the thread and so did everyone else.Thats what
the mice were breed for.If you don't like it.Then maybe next time use a little
common sence and don't look.

PS:He gave everyone who looked at the thread a warning in the first 6 pictures.The first
2 pictures were 6 mouse pups.Then the next 4 pictures were pedes.How much of a
warning did you need.We all new what was coming next and you still choose to look.Then
you have the balls to complain about it and trash him.I didn't like the pictures either.He
drew us a map of what was happening and you choose to look.I guess i'll never understand some people.Plus the more you vary T or apedes diet.The healthier
thay will be.
i couldnt agree more...
i personally liked the pics.
but not as a sadist...
whats wrong with feeding mice?:?
im sure pedes get them in the wild too.
you guys had warnings in the previous pics but decided to carry on.:wall:

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just out of curiosity between all the flaming and backing of the OP and the pictures...

Several times the arguement "mice are not." or "the mice are" part of a pedes wild diet...

can anyone link me a nutritional study of Pedes in the wild to determine just what the hell they do eat? and in what abudance? I don't think that survay has ever been done.. unfortunetly...Least not to my knowledge (link me if you find it!)

However. it is documented that as said before they do hang in caves to catch bats

this is a predator after all. and predators can not be picky about their next meal. never know how long the space between them will be...

Now in regard for the picture. it is fascinating scientificly, to see clearly what part of the animal a centipede is eating as this could clearly hint to their nutritional needs.

Weather or not the OP posted the pictures for kicks of seeing a small animal killed. or for the morbid beauty or scientific ature is completly regardless as its posted for your review and opinion. if you take it as cruel. so be it. but do not be closed to the ideal that it is possible to learn from almost everything. including these pictures.

peterbourbon

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hi,

However. it is documented that as said before they do hang in caves to catch bats
AFAIK this is only "documented" for one centipede-species living in a cave, as I remember it was a special population of Scolopendra gigantea.

Nevertheless S. gigantea ist also found on Isla Margarita where they occur in city Porlamar (just to mention one additional occurence), obviously not in caves.

As a general request for discussion: Be careful with studies of some certain populations and don't generalize it with the rest of Scolopendra-species.

I personally don't know any details about their natural diet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they ate vertebrates from time to time (though I suppose it's usually vice versa).

Regards,
Turgut