-Dinner Time-

alexi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a hard time sympathizing with people who say this is flat out wrong. I'm not saying it's that good, but humans do terrible things to animals all the time, and animals do equally terrible things to each other all the time. Considering how much of it the centipede ate, its hard to make a case that its not on the thing's normal menu (even if it is a rarer item). Feeding a centipede a mouse is not too bad at all compared with "real" animal cruelty... You want cruelty visit a chicken or veal farm...

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
im not taking any sides in this battle. but i will say a fact..

there are proven rodent eaters in the centipede world...and they live on only that....rodents. fact.

other than that...im out. but i do like that communal man!

kupo969

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Exactly what is said above. Just because it's cute it's wrong? WTF? NO. A life is a life, whether it be a cricket or a mealworm. They were probly bred to be feeders anyway. He is just showing what a 'pede can do to a mouse.

The only reason I am against this is because they aren't part of their diet in the wild.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And can you keep centipedes communally like that? (I only have tarantulas and scorpions, and I thought you couldn't.)
there are a few species that you can keep communally like that. the ones in the picture are S. mutilans.

ranchulas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't have a problem with the pictures. I feed some of my larger pedes frozen pinkies occasionally as a change of pace.

Satellite Rob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I cant figure out why so many people are giving this guy so much trash.He's
from Hong Kong.It a different culture.Thay have different ways than us and have
different ways of doing things.Thay eat live insects,fish and other small
animals.Thay eat,drink and do things we would never dream of.It's part of
there culture and considered normal.Just because we don't agree with it
doen't make it wrong.I feed my T's and pedes pinkies and hopper at least
once a month.Sometimes there frozen and sometimes there live.I wouldn't
show pictures of it.But that don't make it wrong.He called His thread Dinner
Time.What did you think was going to happen.I new what was going to
happen before I looked at the thread and so did everyone else.Thats what
the mice were breed for.If you don't like it.Then maybe next time use a little
common sence and don't look.

PS:He gave everyone who looked at the thread a warning in the first 6 pictures.The first
2 pictures were 6 mouse pups.Then the next 4 pictures were pedes.How much of a
warning did you need.We all new what was coming next and you still choose to look.Then
you have the balls to complain about it and trash him.I didn't like the pictures either.He
drew us a map of what was happening and you choose to look.I guess i'll never understand some people.Plus the more you vary T or apedes diet.The healthier
thay will be.

Last edited:

hometownjoker

Arachnopeon
You dont see that enough anymore, the old boys will be boys line. and not to sound <edit> up but i kinda liked that last pic. I had no idea a pede could eat so much. but not quite as informative as it could have been I.E how long the feed took. I rather see something like that, a "natural" feeding instead of some <edit> throwing the mouse on the scorp or pede trying to get it to eat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dillon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm really troubled by this.

I hope the random, average joe, who looks at these pictures, doesn't generalize all centipede keepers as being so...(your word here)

Memento

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I hope the random, average joe, who looks at these pictures, doesn't generalize all centipede keepers as being so...(your word here)
I think the "random, average joe" already generalizes all centipede (and T, scorp and most other "creepy-crawly") keepers as... <your word here>. It comes with the territory ;)

EDIT: While I found some of the pics a little gross, I don't see anything necessarily wrong with them. Being able to observe a carcass can be very educational and provides a window into the feeding habits of a species.

Last edited:

Jonathan.Hui

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks similar to a young S. sub "de haani" Chinese giant orange pede???? Where did you get it?
Just a wild caught in Hong Kong...which cost me $2.US...its around 15~18cm... btw are they expensive in other country such as US ?? :liar: and do they grow up fast ??

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they usually cost about $15-$20 US dollars

sometime $25

Just a wild caught in Hong Kong...which cost me $2.US...its around 15~18cm... btw are they expensive in other country such as US ?? :liar: and do they grow up fast ??

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh my. I totally knew what was coming. I knew it would gross me out. Yet I looked anyway. (I always seem to have "car-wreck syndrome" in these kinds of situations.) I am not upset about these photos one bit. I mean....animals eat other animals. Also, the pics were of great quality.

I am upset, however, that I have such a weak stomach for this type of thing! Lunch will be out of the question for me today. :8o

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
What are you going to do with the leftovers? Can I have them?

Seems like a good opportunity to start a dermestid beetle colony.

Grammar/spelling police: PETA is the organization that everyone loves to hate, pita is the tasty snack you dip in hummous...peeta is a word that you use when your drawl is longer than your brain stem

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Grammar/spelling police: PETA is the organization that everyone loves to hate, pita is the tasty snack you dip in hummous...peeta is a word that you use when your drawl is longer than your brain stem
Actually it occurs through lack of sleep for monthsand a douple click on the t. Nice try though.;)