Dinner Dance?!?!

Ace Man

Arachnopeon
I've noticed that every time my Chile eats, she does a little "dance". Whenever she catches her meal she turns round and round on the spot laying a very fine mat of silk. Then she'll drop her food onto the mat, covers it with another layer and then picks it up again. She does this whenever she eats. Is this normal???

Also, she's not content to sit there and wait for her dinner. If she misses the cricket on the first attempt, as soon as she gets a fix on the cricket again, she'll chase it around the tank. I watched her follow a cricket around for about half an hour the other day!! Has anybody else experienced this.

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
Sounds like a normal Rose Hair to me, if you want to call
ANY T "normal!"

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The little dance and webbing is normal. My Rosie does it everytime. I think the webbing makes cleanup easy. If you watch closely or pay attention to the the substrate you'll be able to pick out your T's dump site for its boluses(sp?). T's seem to be pretty clean animals. My several T's all have pretty regular spots for going to the bathroom and discarding leftovers away from their shelters/burrows,IME. YMMV.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
It's referred to in the Schultzs' book. My H. lividium does it too, but with MUCH more panache than my rosies!!

alidpayne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Happy Cricket Dance!!=D

actually, my rose hairs don't usually do the dance, but several others we have do. Pretty cute usually, and very common.

Ali

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The webbing holds their food together. Otherwise it would turn to goo and fall to the ground. Yummy !!:}

Ern

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yea, pretty soon youll be seeing little gray pea sized things, their the food blouses. Its all the cric leftovers that diddnt get broken down, and the web keeps it all neat n tidy in its little ball.

And..er.. I Wouldnt sniff it if i were you ;P

Ian

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
A. avic

My Pinktoe does this on its web or on a wall while its paralyzing the cric. I notice that it indeed facilitates better containment of the prey for feeding AND a cleaner, identifyable bolus for cleaning up.

Dario