Dilemma: Grammastola Pulchra vs Homoeomma chilensis

Sirfifth

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, need some advice here. I'm in a dilemma whether I should get Chilean Flame when I have the Brazilian Black. Both of them comes with some good black colors, and are known to be more docile species amongst the NWs. I'm also not a collector that tries to keep as many species that I could get my hands on, and all the species that I have looks alot different from each other in colors.

If you already have the Brazilian Black, would you have gotten the Chilean Flame?

Hope that I could get some valuable input. Thanks! XD

Last edited by a moderator:

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
If I was able to get H. chilensis, I would definitely do it - regardless of whether I've already got G. pulchra or not. They are both species that aren't as readily available as most would like, so we need to take every opportunity to get more of them into the hobby.

Marlana

Arachnoknight
Yeah I’d get the chilensis if I found it. G.pulchra has been fairly available lately and can be pretty easily acquired but chilensis you may never see for sale again.

Finikan

Painter of Poorly Rendered Images
Arachnosupporter +
My advice: keep what you find interesting, not just a pretty thing, but something you truly enjoy.

works for cleaning out closets also.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I have both and I prefer my H. chilense (it was changed from chilensis recently) over my G. pulchra tbh.

Also, just a heads-up, if you aren't the copyright owner of an image then you need to ask the copyright owner of the image for permission to post it. I mention this because the image of the H. chilense female that you posted belongs to me and we have never spoken prior to this thread.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hi guys, need some advice here. I'm in a dilemma whether I should get Chilean Flame when I have the Brazilian Black. Both of them comes with some good black colors, and are known to be more docile species amongst the NWs. I'm also not a collector that tries to keep as many species that I could get my hands on, and all the species that I have looks alot different from each other in colors.

If you already have the Brazilian Black, would you have gotten the Chilean Flame?

Hope that I could get some valuable input. Thanks! XD

View attachment 425652 View attachment 425653
I owned both

Get chilens, not pulchra

Sirfifth

Arachnopeon
I have both and I prefer my H. chilense (it was changed from chilensis recently) over my G. pulchra tbh.

Also, just a heads-up, if you aren't the copyright owner of an image then you need to ask the copyright owner of the image for permission to post it. I mention this because the image of the H. chilense female that you posted belongs to me and we have never spoken prior to this thread.
Oh I'm terribly sorry about that, I'm not aware. I just grabbed them off Google thinking that would make it convenient for those who are interested to answer. I would like to remove both pics but im unable to do so, any idea how I am able to? Moderators please help!

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Your choice will be the best! For me personally G. pulchra is the king of the whole terrestrial tarantula jungle!

DustyD

Arachnoknight
Yes there are so many beautiful Ts out there, sometimes it is hard to choose.