Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

digital cameras

Discussion in 'Through the Lens' started by 1borenkr, Jan 2, 2004.

1. 1borenkr

1borenkr Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    I'm looking to get a camera, but I was wondering what kind of cameras will do well with close-up snaps of my T's. the digital cam i use now wont let me get to close without fogging the pics up.

does optical zoom help? what do you guys use to get good detail, and what price ranges can you get such cameras?

any help/suggestions would be great.

thank you,

kris:?

2. the new guy

the new guy Arachnoknight Old Timer

i have a sony p72 which is a 3.2 megapixel, 3x optical zoom. you can see the quality from my earlier post (my extended family). i havent had a whole lot of time to mess around with it, but so far im pretty impressed. i bought it at best buy for around $240.

3. Phillip

Phillip Arachnoprince Old Timer

Personally I like the coolpix over any brand macro wise. Digital zoom is garbage as it causes you to lose detail. Pretty much optical is the only zoom to be concerned with unless you are taking far off landscape shots where detail isn't a factor.

Phil

4. the new guy

the new guy Arachnoknight Old Timer

the main reason for me getting the sony was the compatibility with my laptop using the sony memory stick. i also use the memory sticks for music. nikon manufactures some great quality stuff. i have one of their slr's and have loved it since i got it. my advice would be for you to go to a couple of photo stores and ask questions at each. getting info from a few people who specialize in photography should help you make your decision.

5. Freddie

Freddie Arachnoknight Old Timer

I will buy Canon Powershot A80.
    Every one has said that it's good camera but I don't know. And I will buy it...
    And price is somewhere near $400-450.

6. Buggin

Buggin Arachnosquire Old Timer

I picked up a 2.4 megapixel Fuji Finepix 40i from a friend for 100 bucks and it has been great.
    :D

7. I tried my fathers Powershot S40 previously, but that search-light seemed to never be where I aimed the camera. With the Coolpix 3500 I got from him this christmas, it feels much easier to get closeups. (Still the ability to take very pretty 'normal' pictures indoors seems next to nil, but who cares about that? :) )

8. Gah..well, I think I hate photography. Either there's too much light produced by the flash, or it's too dark without the flash. And on this Coolpix 3500, it is absolutely impossible for the camera to focus without a flash. I would bet it is so even with a tripod and flash-grenades.

9. Wh1teshark

Wh1teshark Arachnoknight Old Timer

10. genious_gr

genious_gr Arachnoangel Old Timer

I allready have a c-5050 zoom. GREAT Macro. Just GREAT, but I haven't tried anything else. (Well, I've put my hands on a sony 717 but it was nighttime and coulnd check the macro really good)

Anyway, I think the Olympus is a great buy. If you want me I can send you some pics, just PM me...

11. ROACHMAN

ROACHMAN Arachnosquire Old Timer

help

ok i went to post some pictures but could not do it !!!!what to do need help please tell me how to do :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.