digital cameras

1borenkr

Arachnopeon
I'm looking to get a camera, but I was wondering what kind of cameras will do well with close-up snaps of my T's. the digital cam i use now wont let me get to close without fogging the pics up.

does optical zoom help? what do you guys use to get good detail, and what price ranges can you get such cameras?

any help/suggestions would be great.

thank you,

kris:?

the new guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have a sony p72 which is a 3.2 megapixel, 3x optical zoom. you can see the quality from my earlier post (my extended family). i havent had a whole lot of time to mess around with it, but so far im pretty impressed. i bought it at best buy for around $240.

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Personally I like the coolpix over any brand macro wise. Digital zoom is garbage as it causes you to lose detail. Pretty much optical is the only zoom to be concerned with unless you are taking far off landscape shots where detail isn't a factor.

Phil

the new guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the main reason for me getting the sony was the compatibility with my laptop using the sony memory stick. i also use the memory sticks for music. nikon manufactures some great quality stuff. i have one of their slr's and have loved it since i got it. my advice would be for you to go to a couple of photo stores and ask questions at each. getting info from a few people who specialize in photography should help you make your decision.

Freddie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I will buy Canon Powershot A80.
Every one has said that it's good camera but I don't know. And I will buy it...
And price is somewhere near $400-450.

Buggin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I picked up a 2.4 megapixel Fuji Finepix 40i from a friend for 100 bucks and it has been great.
:D

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I tried my fathers Powershot S40 previously, but that search-light seemed to never be where I aimed the camera. With the Coolpix 3500 I got from him this christmas, it feels much easier to get closeups. (Still the ability to take very pretty 'normal' pictures indoors seems next to nil, but who cares about that? :) )

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Gah..well, I think I hate photography. Either there's too much light produced by the flash, or it's too dark without the flash. And on this Coolpix 3500, it is absolutely impossible for the camera to focus without a flash. I would bet it is so even with a tripod and flash-grenades.

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I allready have a c-5050 zoom. GREAT Macro. Just GREAT, but I haven't tried anything else. (Well, I've put my hands on a sony 717 but it was nighttime and coulnd check the macro really good)

Anyway, I think the Olympus is a great buy. If you want me I can send you some pics, just PM me...

ROACHMAN

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
help

ok i went to post some pictures but could not do it !!!!what to do need help please tell me how to do :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?