Digital camera help

koldaar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a Kodak DX4330 that's 3.1 megapixels. I just can't seem to get good close-up shots. Any suggestions on how to get better close-ups?

Arachnomaniak

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have not dealt specifically with that camera but double check to see if it has a "macro mode". I know some have a button you can push that makes it easier for getting closeups. Also, depending on how much you are zooming in, if you are at all, remember that the slightest movement while zoomed from a ways back can blur the pic. If possible, try getting the camera as close as possible without zooming in, that way you have less chance of blur. The camera may have other manual settings you can play around with as well so experiment. There may be a thread somewhere on the forum specifically for camera and photography related subjects. Try doing a search for "camera" or "photography" and you may be able to find some tips. May even find someone who has the same camera that might be able to give you some more model specific tips.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Hello.

I have reviewed the cameras specs and have a couple questions for you.

First:

Are you using the Macro function?

Second:

Are you aware that this model only focuses 2.8 - 28 in. (w) / 11 - 28 in. (t)?

If you are on the macro mode, press shutter approx. halfway down and let the camera select shutter speed and focus for you. I'd use a tripod if you have one at macro shots. At 2.8" you can just about get every detail providing that the camera properly focuses.