Digi's 3rd Birthday Today!

kingrattus

Arachnoknight
My little furry girl is 3 today.
Never thought she'd make it to 2 & here she is at 3. Every year is a gift that she is still around as she is a freak of nature.

She was spoiled rotten today. I ordered her a small McDonalds fry just for her. She really enjoyed them.She picked up each fry and ate them one at a time. I thought she was never going to finish lol

Here is a picture is my baby girl. Its a little over a yr old but its such a wonderful photo, it was taken by a pro.

Here are some more recent photos of her. Taken a few weeks ago

Playing World of Warcraft ICC

Playing Fallout 3

Wearing her rain coat

Eating corn on the cob. She chewed off all the corn & left the cobs :cool:

Being a chair hog. Shes rarely on his chair, shes almost always on mine

Enjoying a beer after a game of football

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Kingrattus, Mighty beautiful girl your Digi is! Looks radiant and full of life :). Some of your comments in the opening have me wondering. Do you mind telling us a little more about her? Thanks for sharing.

Terry

kingrattus

Arachnoknight
Kingrattus, Mighty beautiful girl your Digi is! Looks radiant and full of life :). Some of your comments in the opening have me wondering. Do you mind telling us a little more about her? Thanks for sharing.

Terry
Terry,

Thanks, shes full of life 24/7, & was the same on her near death experience. She just doesn't know how to be sad.

Her story is long so I'll try to keep it really short. If you want more info on a specific part I'll type it then, otherwise I'll end up writing a crazy long novel lol :)

Sept 7th 2007 a tiny pup was thrown at me like a piece of trash. They said she was an ugly filthily creature (I can't remember the correct wording anymore, but it was really mean & heartless). They said "his" name was Russel & that he knew it.

I flipped the pup over & noticed that is was a female. They argued with me saying it was a boy & pointed to its vulva saying it was a puppy penis so its small... right... :wall:

Anyways, the jerks neglected her, abused her, & allowed their pug to maul her. The poor thing has gashes all over its tiny body & was quite weak from not having proper foods.

They also shaved her bald... said she was an English Shepherd (at the time I thought they made that up as that breed wasn't in any of my dog books), & hey got her from St. Jacobs.

I picked up my buddy & his girlfriend to help me give positive attention to the puppy for the whole night & into the following day. I wasn't expecting a puppy at all so I was over whelmed, even though I have raised & trained dogs in the past.

So here is a pic of her & Joe on the first day at my place. Job is her human boyfriend. She fell in love with him the moment she saw him. To this day she goes insane when he visits.

A couple weeks go by & I discovered she had a bladder infection. Vet said it was very bad & was in her kidneys. We managed to clear the infection out of her bladder & kidneys, but it would not clear out of her lady parts. The vet refused to medicate her a second time, as long as I kept an eye on her & it didn't get worse.

at 6 months she was spayed & the infection was gone & hasn't been back since.

I don't want to type this next part so I'll just post the url. Please note there are a lot of details, & most people have cried while reading it. Its still a nightmare to me, & reliving it again scares me everyday. Needless to say Digi causes me a lot of fear stress often.

http://digi-king.blogspot.com/

kingrattus

Arachnoknight
Oh forgot to add.. She cannot eat dog kibble. She eats Raw to help reduce any reactions. Not to mention Raw is what their bodies are designed to digest, not cooked.

As of right now she can only eat Chicken (any fowl) & Fish.

No red meats, dairy, or shellfish. As a rule I don't feed her other sea bugs just encase.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Kingrattus, Just read your blog entries. Wow! I'm touched by your undying care and concern for Digi. It's a good thing she's past all the trouble now and doing well. Kudos to you........and Digi, too, of course :)

:clap:

Terry

kingrattus

Arachnoknight
Kingrattus, Just read your blog entries. Wow! I'm touched by your undying care and concern for Digi. It's a good thing she's past all the trouble now and doing well. Kudos to you........and Digi, too, of course :)

:clap:

Terry
Shes not really past the troubles as they are a daily concern. I have to keep an eye on her daily poops, and other signs of another Digestive Shutdown. She has gotten sick 4 times in the past 2.5+ months. But as I'm able to detect it sooner & treat her with meds I can buy at Shoppers or Costco, I'm saving $700/outbreak... The vet is the one saving me $. He said she'll have to live with this all her life & if I can manage it, then I shouldn't have to see them more then once a yr. So far we're doing ok :)

I love her to pieces. She was my only friend for a couple of years & when I wasn't working she was always in my arms. She had sever mental trauma, so bad the vet wasn't sure if she could ever function some what normal. Thank goodness for my loving hands, & Metal (music)... hehe thats how I desensitized her. Played it LOUD all day long for months. Only turned it off for company & sleeping. She still loves it too. If she hears one of the songs I use to play she'll jump up & tilt her head to listen to it heheh