Digging out tarantulas

Gods Spartan

Arachnopeon
Can't for the life of me figure where the hole is to the burrow she made I see her in the corner of the enclosure under the soil, through the plastic. Should I leave her, or dig her out?

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I would leave her. If you can't find the hole, she may have put dirt there and plugged it up. Could be in premolt, so I would just leave it ;)

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
If you see her and there's movement leave her alone. Some hide or at least partially cover the burrow opening. My 5" P. muticus has two openings the size of a nickel, but I see her move around. Been this way for the past 3 months, I rarely see her on top of the substrate.
They dig down, burrow collapses, they dig out. I don't intervene unless there is a "foul" odor, indicating death.
Only time I dig one out is for a rehouse and then very slow and carefully.
And, as stated above, may be in premolt and should not be offered prey until it surfaces.

Gods Spartan

Arachnopeon
Ok...thanks guys! I will leave her. I can still locate her and she is moving. The only thing I can think is that if she absolutely wants food she will surface.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I use a flashlight around the bottom/underneath of enclosures to find buried Ts. As long as they move away from the light and look okay, I leave them :)