Difficulty with identification

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So, while out on a date of al things, I wandered to a river (ahh how romantic) until the bugg addict in me goes "OH ROTTING LOG!" *pounce* Luckily, the girl I took on the date, just finished a class of Invertabrates at the guelph university and decided to go "me first!" *laughs* Long story short, Rotting logg flipped to reveal several tunnels into the wood from years of the deacy, and a beautiful Web, that reminded me so much of the Hib. Kulkinias (spelling) of california That I couldnt resist, A fishing stick was retrived, and the web extracted to reveal her magesty, the black booty guarding the sack I had fished out of the tunnel, she was immedialy placed in a container I always carry. And brought home- At the moment she is settling with her sac, and I am hesistant to overly disturb her, so for now a written description will have to suffice. (yes however she has accepted food! and I will be going back to search for more with a digital camera)

Onward hoe! so I cant find a reliable key identification website to the spiders of ontario canada. I can however find species listings http://canadianarachnology.dyndns.org/data/canada_spiders/SpeciesLists.asp However, Like I said keys are difficult. so let me go into description

Spider itself is of a Dark Black colouring, with two large foward eyes, and reminding me of a wolf. however smaller based, and not of high use from the web structure she weaves. Very large foward "trap doorish" chelicear (spelling) which I think could impose a nice bite. Cephlathorax is hairless and smooth, unlike abdomen and legs, where are velvet black (lick hib.'s) Only marking on aabdo is light brown spots (roughly four) placed close to the cephlathorax-abdo junction, and two brown lines running verticly along the spots boxing them in, that quickly vanish at the last dot I :: I <<fashion web as stated before. like a hibs, for those that dont know. Tunnel going into the den. with thicky mess "meshed" or cobbed inwhich pray is trapped. Which brings on the intresting spinerets, or lack there of! the spinerrets are placed almost near the center of the underside of the abdomen rather then the "tip" at the end" and looks more like a mouth. which she repeatedly sticks her hind legs to to create silk. The two very present booklungs make me Say with a novice's "collecters" accuracy that she is a mygalomorph. to my knowledge. So do the downwar action fangs. Pictures will come in time but for now, the only species I can find any commen name for, or any description that nearly matches is Cicurina arcuata Keyserling

As stated on collection data, Caught near a river-but not an aquatic spider. approximately 15 feet underneath a rotting log. in proximety to another of its species of about 1 foot (another smaller female with sac) caught at about 7Pm, both spiders were active awaiting feeding. City is guelph Ontario Canada. Thanks for all the replies. I will work on pictures in the following week. And documenting behavioral patterns, as so far this is one of the more intresting locals I've caught (may offer some for sale if they do well aswell)

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
So, while out on a date of al things, I wandered to a river (ahh how romantic) until the bugg addict in me goes "OH ROTTING LOG!" *pounce* Luckily, the girl I took on the date, just finished a class of Invertabrates at the guelph university and decided to go "me first!" *laughs* Long story short, Rotting logg flipped to reveal several tunnels into the wood from years of the deacy, and a beautiful Web, that reminded me so much of the Hib. Kulkinias (spelling) of california That I couldnt resist, A fishing stick was retrived, and the web extracted to reveal her magesty, the black booty guarding the sack I had fished out of the tunnel, she was immedialy placed in a container I always carry. And brought home- At the moment she is settling with her sac, and I am hesistant to overly disturb her, so for now a written description will have to suffice. (yes however she has accepted food! and I will be going back to search for more with a digital camera)

Onward hoe! so I cant find a reliable key identification website to the spiders of ontario canada. I can however find species listings http://canadianarachnology.dyndns.org/data/canada_spiders/SpeciesLists.asp However, Like I said keys are difficult. so let me go into description

Spider itself is of a Dark Black colouring, with two large foward eyes, and reminding me of a wolf. however smaller based, and not of high use from the web structure she weaves. Very large foward "trap doorish" chelicear (spelling) which I think could impose a nice bite. Cephlathorax is hairless and smooth, unlike abdomen and legs, where are velvet black (lick hib.'s) Only marking on aabdo is light brown spots (roughly four) placed close to the cephlathorax-abdo junction, and two brown lines running verticly along the spots boxing them in, that quickly vanish at the last dot I :: I <<fashion web as stated before. like a hibs, for those that dont know. Tunnel going into the den. with thicky mess "meshed" or cobbed inwhich pray is trapped. Which brings on the intresting spinerets, or lack there of! the spinerrets are placed almost near the center of the underside of the abdomen rather then the "tip" at the end" and looks more like a mouth. which she repeatedly sticks her hind legs to to create silk. The two very present booklungs make me Say with a novice's "collecters" accuracy that she is a mygalomorph. to my knowledge. So do the downwar action fangs. Pictures will come in time but for now, the only species I can find any commen name for, or any description that nearly matches is Cicurina arcuata Keyserling

As stated on collection data, Caught near a river-but not an aquatic spider. approximately 15 feet underneath a rotting log. in proximety to another of its species of about 1 foot (another smaller female with sac) caught at about 7Pm, both spiders were active awaiting feeding. City is guelph Ontario Canada. Thanks for all the replies. I will work on pictures in the following week. And documenting behavioral patterns, as so far this is one of the more intresting locals I've caught (may offer some for sale if they do well aswell)
don't know, not well versed in the canada arachnids... sorry.:( i am however, impressed with 1) your container that you always have on you (i also am similar in that regard!) and 2) your zeal for hunting insects/spiders on a date!! i am very impressed :worship: story gave me a bit of a laugh also...