Difficulty Breeding

mfm96

Arachnopeon
Trying again after little sucsess after the last post.
Ive tried letting the female/male cohab almost a week and still no pairing. With both my females.

Is there a trick i am missing or is the females simply not interested in the male?
Species: C. Ritae.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Sometimes males are past their prime. This happens quicker in males of dwarf sp. IME.

Is the female in her regular enclosure?

mfm96

Arachnopeon
Sometimes males are past their prime. This happens quicker in males of dwarf sp. IME.

Is the female in her regular enclosure?
Yes, i introduce the male to females enclosure. Seems odd that he is out of his prime, he is drumming like crazy everytime.

cold blood

Staff member
Leaving him with her is a dangerous proposition. I would pair them supervised and if the female doesn't react to his drumming, I try again later...most species you don't have to wait all that long to see interest.

But considering you left him with her for a week, how in the world would you think they haven't paired....you won't find cigarette butts...lol.

After a week together I would personally assume that the deed has been done. Excessive pairings lead to one primary thing...dead males...it only takes one insertion to get a sac.