Differents between Xenesthis intermedia and Xenesthis. immanis?

misslanie29

Arachnopeon
HI I was wondering can anyone tell me the difference in Xenesthis intermedia and Xenesthis immanis? I've been looking into possibly getting one but I've found that there isn't a lot out there that talks about them and honestly, I can't really tell that they are different when I look at pictures of them. Any help would be great.

misslanie29

Arachnopeon
I wonder why such the big difference in price then. It seems like there are minor and differences but not enough for such a drastic price difference.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I wonder why such the big difference in price then. It seems like there are minor and differences but not enough for such a drastic price difference.
Is there still, really? I haven't looked in awhile. Its probably because X. immanis has been around in the hobby longer. X. intermedia is a newer name and that will command a higher price. ( for awhile ) I. personally can't tell the 2 apart ( if they even are different ) and wouldn't pay more for one or the other.

later, Tom

misslanie29

Arachnopeon
Yeah I haven't see the X. intermedia in many places expet for bug net.net and they are 125 or something for a sling while the X. immanis is around 80 to 90. wierd. thank you all for helping me see.....that there is not a difference between the two.

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
I see a difference. intermedia seem to be brighter in color and the abdomen setae don't look like the immanis, immanis look like they have chronic bed head. I've noticed differences but it might also just be the pictures, as i've never owned either one.

Ancient thread i know,but i found from oersonal experience here in the Disunited Kingdom,(independance for Scotland and Wales!!!😢🤤(🇬🇧💩💩💩)) that the prices are much closer now over here in Europe ,with only about 10 euros or so difference,and not worth the difference ,also found (perhaps due to more repetetive breeding initiated acclimitisation ,that Immanis has proved rather less fragile ,with better survival rates for spiderlings.🤔