Difference between subspinipes and dehaani

Scolopendra Kendrick

Arachnopeon
Hello again.
I'm looking for distinct differences between regular scolopendra s supspinipes and scolopendra dehaani.

I recently got a dehaani but I can hardly tell the difference between them. My dehaani is labeled as a s.e. Asian yellow leg dehaani.

Salvador

Arachnosquire
Most simple way to check is to examine the underside of the prefemur of the terminal legs. Look at the picture and you will see that while S.subspinipes (C) has spines (usually 2 on each), S.dehaani (B) always has none. Taken from C.Kronmüllers review of the subspinipes group in 2012.

Scolopendra Kendrick

Arachnopeon
Could a dehaani still have spikes on the top or side of terminal legs? Also I'm going to post a picture of this pede later because I'm still having a hard time. I'm just hoping I didn't get ripped off on this. @Salvador

Telsaro

Arachnopeon
Could a dehaani still have spikes on the top or side of terminal legs? Also I'm going to post a picture of this pede later because I'm still having a hard time. I'm just hoping I didn't get ripped off on this. @Salvador
I want to say yes. The reference I read specified ventral surface (bottom) of the terminal legs. Also, my dehaani has spines on the top but not bottom.

Salvador

Arachnosquire
Hi, yes, when viewed from above you can see spines on the inside edges of the terminal legs. A better illustration comes from the recent review of Scolopendra by Siriwut et al. View from above on the right, and underside on the left, of course. Feel free to put up a picture of your centipede.