Didn’t think i’d live to see this…

Taffy

Arachnoknight
been in premolt for 9 months. finally is about to molt. i’m excited, it’s already 9 inches. can’t wait for it to be a little bit bigger and to fully regrow that slightly-regrown terminal leg. S. galapagoensis “black” 🖤

76A5253D-CC01-4090-AC27-D7456BD8B176.jpeg

William Dawson

Arachnosquire
That's one impressive centipede, I've only kept species that are about an inch or two. Good luck with the molt :]

Taffy

Arachnoknight
That's one impressive centipede, I've only kept species that are about an inch or two. Good luck with the molt :]
thank you! i hope it goes well. what species have you kept? hemiscolopendra is a very cool centipede and it only gets around two inches :)

Taffy

Arachnoknight
getting a little darker. hurry uppppp. i really want it to molt so it can get rid of the mycosis it has.

656578CA-B7F1-400C-8169-679E403A9002.jpeg

William Dawson

Arachnosquire
thank you! i hope it goes well. what species have you kept? hemiscolopendra is a very cool centipede and it only gets around two inches :)
I kept some garden centipedes that I found in my basement. My dad saw them in our woodpile and was going to kill them, so I kept them instead.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Thank the Great Grackle & Friends for basal autonomic functions. Imagine thinking your way through taking off 20 pairs of tight pants. o_O

Raptorr

Arachnosquire
been in premolt for 9 months. finally is about to molt. i’m excited, it’s already 9 inches. can’t wait for it to be a little bit bigger and to fully regrow that slightly-regrown terminal leg. S. galapagoensis “black” 🖤

View attachment 439161
Haha, Nice! Mine actually just molted not long ago too. Seemed like it was only in premolt for 2, maybe 3 weeks at most lol. I'm surprised it was that fast... Probably because it's eating well, plus high temps, but it was still faster than I expected..

View attachment 439161

Raptorr

Arachnosquire

View attachment 439161
I'm curious, what temperatures are yours kept at? And how often do you feed?

Raptorr

Arachnosquire
mines kept at 80. i feed whenever they’re not hiding and moving around.
Ah alright, mine's a bit hotter, and it probably eats more. Still, I didn't think it would make such a massive difference between molt times. 9 months to a few weeks is huge lol

Taffy

Arachnoknight
well molt times can just fluctuate like that,
Ah alright, mine's a bit hotter, and it probably eats more. Still, I didn't think it would make such a massive difference between molt times. 9 months to a few weeks is huge lol
feeding schedule/temps do speed up molt time but not by very much.

Raptorr

Arachnosquire
well molt times can just fluctuate like that,

feeding schedule/temps do speed up molt time but not by very much.
Oh really are there any other possible factors? Or is it just completely random?

Taffy

Arachnoknight
Oh really are there any other possible factors? Or is it just completely random?
humidity/moisture is one of the biggest factors. if you keep it very dry it won’t molt very often, if you keep one side slightly damp then it will molt a lot more often. i usually keep mine very dry but i will overflow its waterdish around once a week

Raptorr

Arachnosquire
humidity/moisture is one of the biggest factors. if you keep it very dry it won’t molt very often, if you keep one side slightly damp then it will molt a lot more often. i usually keep mine very dry but i will overflow its waterdish around once a week
Ohh so it's that combined with the heat/feedings then that made such a huge difference. Is there any particular reason you didn't bump the humidity up a little to speed the molt up?

Taffy

Arachnoknight
Ohh so it's that combined with the heat/feedings then that made such a huge difference. Is there any particular reason you didn't bump the humidity up a little to speed the molt up?
this S. galapagoensis has pretty bad mycosis so i just didn’t wanna bump up the humidity :)