did you guys see this yet? snake bites kid.

Meaningless End

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
now this is the sort of thing that pisses me off and what i feel causes the most trouble for our hobby.. not who holds what or what you feed to who..

its can you be a responsible person and take care of the animals that are intrusted to you....

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/stories/wcnc-080107-jmn-snake_bite.d036ec5f.html

i hate seeing stuff like this in the news.. how hard is it to either 1 provide secure houseing or 2 find a home for an animal you dont want anymore..

i mean they took the kid to the freaking E.R. .. talk about bad plublisity

fangsalot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
YEAH I GIVE UP!im just sitting back and waiting for the day the government declares "NO MORE EXOTIC ANIMALS IN PRIVATE HOMES!" the way these idiots are behaving with non native animals,its inevidable.

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Now is the time for education, it has never been needed so badly. Education is the solution to these problems. It would stop people relasing there unwanted pets in the wild, it would let people know what a venomous snake looks like, and what to do if you are bitten by a snake (don't rip it off you). ~ Rex

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
its already starting to happen with our ever so ambient need to feel safe... its on the horizon...

mr.wilderness

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Poor poor.... Snake... :( I dont see why they needed to beat it with a shovel, especially if it was only 3 footballs long. That article tried hard to make the snake sound like some vicious, venom spewing creature :?

jaycoheat

Arachnopeon
My kids have worse scars from falling off of bikes. As far as beating the snake it's unfortunate, but thats just a natural reaction i would expect from the average person. (our instinct to protect our young, even if it isn't our own,.. human nature) If I was 1 of the park officials, he might of found a new home with me. Wow, a free boa!!! are you kidding me.:cool:

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This has been all over the news here in the Carolinas. The reporter who gave this story on WIS TV news called the snake "a potentially deadly serpent", and a "killer reptile". This sort of thing ties in nicely with the kid in OK being shot and killed by a cop who was trying to shoot a snake out of a tree, doesn't it? People should be able to make that connection that irrational fears cause more human deaths and unjuries than snakes do, but people overwhelmingly will simply see it as more reasons to fear snakes.

pitbulllady

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The kid's mom is a moron.

The parks and recreation workers who beat the snake with a shovel are also morons.

And whoever released a python into the wild when they got bored with, tired of, or overwhelmed by it as a pet, is the biggest moron of all.

And the only ones who suffer are the innocent 15 month old toddler, and the innocent snake

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The kid's mom is a moron.

The parks and recreation workers who beat the snake with a shovel are also morons.

And whoever released a python into the wild when they got bored with, tired of, or overwhelmed by it as a pet, is the biggest moron of all.

And the only ones who suffer are the innocent 15 month old toddler, and the innocent snake
yep..sad:clap: