did thye mated????

tony77tony77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
how would you know if your Ts has mated if you didnt see then doing it? What should I look for?

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
an eggsac ;)

honestly, i'm not sure if there's a way. even if you see him hook her, he may not get a good insert. just look for her getting chubby.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
an eggsac ;)

honestly, i'm not sure if there's a way. even if you see him hook her, he may not get a good insert. just look for her getting chubby.
if you dont see him get a good insert, you can watch the behavoior of both, HE will try to escape usually and she will try to either eat him or run him off. SOMETIMES lol

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What species are you trying to breed? Just curious. Also, are you sure you have a male and female pair?

And to tell if they are mating and not actually fighting, here is 2 pictures of an Aphonopelma chalcodes pair mating.

This is the usual stance,

Here is what you're really looking for.. the insertion.

Check out more mating pics, in my picture thread if you'd like: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?p=949074#post949074

Now if you didnt see your Ts doing it, there really is no way to tell except mate again and hope for the best.

tony77tony77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What species are you trying to breed? Just curious. Also, are you sure you have a male and female pair?

And to tell if they are mating and not actually fighting, here is 2 pictures of an Aphonopelma chalcodes pair mating.

This is the usual stance,

Here is what you're really looking for.. the insertion.

Check out more mating pics, in my picture thread if you'd like: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?p=949074#post949074

Now if you didnt see your Ts doing it, there really is no way to tell except mate again and hope for the best.
its a P. metallica, the male is drumming and everytime the female move close to him he move away and keep on drumming....he did that for over 4 hours everytime the female come close. I took him out of the female cage...im going to put him back in on friday.