did some pairing last night

lunashimmer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks steven. I already have plenty lol. As soon as my sabulosum molt, and are on their way, that would be great. I actually have a 3.5-4" male vagans for the future! I know what you mean. The sabulosum sac was covered in coco fiber. I wasnt sure it was even a sac at first glance. But the Tappies sac is pretty squeaky. Probably cause its suspended, but im sure she will add some decoration to it lol. Its the size of a nickel if you couldnt tell!
Hi there! I currently have 2 T. violaceus slings...they are about 1.5 inches if I'm lucky. How big does this species get full size? In your breeding pics, they don't look very big at all! I've never heard them called a dwarf species--are they just smaller tarantulas? Info on the interwebs is hard to come by for these Ts.

I love how fluffy the female is--like a fangy cottonball! Heehee! Fingers crossed I have girls :cute:

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey there. Well i thought they only got to 3". My female is 3". But after i dug around a little more, i came up with 4.5" as a max size. So yours have a little more to go. Yeah, they are not really dwarves, just on the small side for arboreals. Basically they are a Avicularia on speed lol. I really hope yours are female also. Good luck with them. Thanks.
Hi there! I currently have 2 T. violaceus slings...they are about 1.5 inches if I'm lucky. How big does this species get full size? In your breeding pics, they don't look very big at all! I've never heard them called a dwarf species--are they just smaller tarantulas? Info on the interwebs is hard to come by for these Ts.

I love how fluffy the female is--like a fangy cottonball! Heehee! Fingers crossed I have girls :cute:

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
For the images on photobucket, just copy and paste the image code directly on to the text box and the image will show up embedded!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ahh thanks bro! I have been using the direct link. I wondered how people had 100s of pics in threads that show straight up embedded. Thanks a ton!
For the images on photobucket, just copy and paste the image code directly on to the text box and the image will show up embedded!

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ahh thanks bro! I have been using the direct link. I wondered how people had 100s of pics in threads that show straight up embedded. Thanks a ton!
You know what this means? You should start a photo thread!
Anyways my A.metallica is getting fat so i'm hoping for a juicy sac :D
You seen to be doing a awesome job breeding!
We should do some tradesies! I like what your breeding ;)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I did start one a while back, but figured i would use my space wisely, so i could have pics in this thread. Sometime once i have my true spiders narrowed down, and a few more things gone and added, i will start it back up. Im glad your metallica is doing good. I hope she drops a nice sac for you. I had a 6" female, traded her, regret it now. Heck yeah, we will definitely do some trading. My B. sabulosum should be hitting 2nd instar soon. You can have 50-100 of those lol.
You know what this means? You should start a photo thread!
Anyways my A.metallica is getting fat so i'm hoping for a juicy sac :D
You seen to be doing a awesome job breeding!
We should do some tradesies! I like what your breeding ;)

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I did start one a while back, but figured i would use my space wisely, so i could have pics in this thread. Sometime once i have my true spiders narrowed down, and a few more things gone and added, i will start it back up. Im glad your metallica is doing good. I hope she drops a nice sac for you. I had a 6" female, traded her, regret it now. Heck yeah, we will definitely do some trading. My B. sabulosum should be hitting 2nd instar soon. You can have 50-100 of those lol.

Hahaha that's awesome! Don't worry about space when your using the photobucket image code - you don't have to go by the AB size limit :)
Dang I feel you dude...I had 7 cambridgi that were awesome and they all eventually got traded away ;(
Lol it's like a blessing and a curse to have so many to a sac!
Still brachys are cool so i'm down hahaha

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah i knew the size limit part, just didnt have a clue about the embedding. I love the idea of that, cause people wont have to click the links. Especially for users with slower internet.
There have been a few here and there i regret letting go, but im sure there will be more. Oh well, my collection expands. Yeah i totally didnt expect that sac to have that many. i seen how small it was, and figured 100 or so, then counted out 250 first instar lol. Im hoping my S. calceatum drops another one. Looks like two of my females are fattening up!
Hahaha that's awesome! Don't worry about space when your using the photobucket image code - you don't have to go by the AB size limit :)
Dang I feel you dude...I had 7 cambridgi that were awesome and they all eventually got traded away ;(
Lol it's like a blessing and a curse to have so many to a sac!
Still brachys are cool so i'm down hahaha

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Avicularia avicularia

Just got done pairing these two tonight. The male is on loan from Chrisduhfur (Chris). My female was super loving him too. She drummed like mad. He got some awesome insertions, and they were both super gentle. Hope i get you some nice babies chris. And steven, this male will do you good, better get a fresh female soon!

Chrisduhfur

Arachnopeon
Dude thats awesome... Its so cool how aboreals do it wherever they want...

Thanks, Chris

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah it went really well. Glad your boy will live to do it again. Im sure he will be absolutely fine. It is cool how they do that. Ive never had them come out of the enclosure until now though. I thought they were going to walk even farther but stopped there.
Dude thats awesome... Its so cool how aboreals do it wherever they want...

Thanks, Chris

chaco

Arachnosquire
you been busy 0.0 nice job nice pics to i got to tweak my camera its a cannon has auto focusing probs

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
congrats on the avics john and chris.. im trying everything in my power to make this happen, so you guys just let me know when Chris gets it back.. we can do a local breeding project as well Providing chris's male is up for it

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Not too busy lol. Took about 5 minutes! I use a fujifilm finepix S700.
you been busy 0.0 nice job nice pics to i got to tweak my camera its a cannon has auto focusing probs

---------- Post added 06-28-2012 at 03:00 PM ----------

Thanks steven. Im hoping you find a female.
congrats on the avics john and chris.. im trying everything in my power to make this happen, so you guys just let me know when Chris gets it back.. we can do a local breeding project as well Providing chris's male is up for it

---------- Post added 06-28-2012 at 03:01 PM ----------

Thanks. Hope there is one. I figure the only way to keep species in the hobby, is to produce slings from them. No matter how common or cheap.
Congrats and good luck with the soon to be sac :)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Tapinauchenius violaceus

Female eating sac :(. Was almost time to pull it too.

Skeri

Arachnosquire
Sorry to hear that catfishrod69. :(

Although i've seen from this thread and the invertsonals you have quite a bit of breeding projects going. Good luck with the rest of them :)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks very much. Im sure she will double clutch, or molt. If she molts, i will be pairing her again. Yep alot going on here. Soon will be S. calceatum x3, and P. pederseni. Been working on my N. tripepii, but after two failed attempts, im close to plan B.
Sorry to hear that catfishrod69. :(

Although i've seen from this thread and the invertsonals you have quite a bit of breeding projects going. Good luck with the rest of them :)

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sucks about the Tap sack,but they double clutch often.And I LOL'd at "Plan B"