did some pairing last night

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
awesome stuff john. nice lookin EWL's... hopefully they all reach 2i. Im jealous

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks Steven. Did you see the pics on the end of the 4th page too? Yeah i know you are jealous, your male needs to get to it already. Hopefully these guys reach 2nd instar quickly, i need to have them gone before igo on vacation for 9 days in mid may.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yea i saw.. awesome stuff. My male is a complete dud for the most part. ALWAYS been a burrower for some reason. LITERALLY always down in his den hes built under the corkbark tube... IDK?? anyway, hope the best for ya , and that you get them off quickly and enjoy your vacation. Id snag a few because ive been dying for a communal attempt, but with any luck i should have it one day of my pair. Later bro

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If it were me, i would rehouse him into something minimum. I always keep my males im waiting to mature at the minimum. I have the substrate, a water dish, and some plastic potho for them to web to, and thats it. Plus keeping him warmer might help with the process. My T room is mostly at 80, and i dont have any problems waiting on molts.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
all he has is his tube and some sub with moss... he DESTROYED the tank a while ago and webbed the crap out of it, but has since started coming out more due to being next to the lava lamp for heat. Ill take your advice into consideration, and if he WONT molt by this coming weekend i may go back to the drawing board

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Sounds good. Maybe try talking to him? Sounds like his is trying to cling onto the limited life he has left. I dont blame him.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think you will still have 1st instar when you go on vacation.I would totally expect those to take another 30 days,maybe more,to hit 2i.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ahh that sucks. But it happens, and i will make the best of it. I will either take them with me, or have them individually vialed by then, and see if my mom will make sure they stay moist while im gone. Either way, im happy with it.
I think you will still have 1st instar when you go on vacation.I would totally expect those to take another 30 days,maybe more,to hit 2i.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Poecilotheria regalis update

Ewls are starting to darken. Will get pics tomorrow.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks Jennifer.
congrats they are looking great

---------- Post added 04-29-2012 at 12:42 AM ----------

Thanks Chris. Camera is a fujifilm finepix s700. Quick questions, should i try and seperate the ewls from touching eachother so they dont stick together? I had at one point, but most of them made it back to touching. Also, notice how they look kind of slimy, is that normal, or too much humidity? Thanks.
Nice job!And also nice sharp photos!
-Chris

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
cool beans... they look like theyre comin along nicely... Maybe theyll get to 2i before your trip afterall. Hows it goin with them pretty lil dwarfs you got? any new news, or ya takin your time with them. I hope your girl plays nice this time. We need more of these to go around

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I doubt they have time to hit 2nd instar. Im leaving in 13 days. As far as the C. ritae, i left the male in with her for about days, and then i removed him. I dont think im going to try them again. Since my friend doesnt know if her females are going to drop sacs or molt.
cool beans... they look like theyre comin along nicely... Maybe theyll get to 2i before your trip afterall. Hows it goin with them pretty lil dwarfs you got? any new news, or ya takin your time with them. I hope your girl plays nice this time. We need more of these to go around

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Poecilotheria regalis ewls molting into 1st instar!

Well the molting has started. 1st instars underway! Its been 44 days since the sac was laid. Im going to start individually vialing them as they harden.

Attachments

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Brachypelma sabulosum sac!

Wasnt really expecting this yet. The first pairing with her and the male was 40 days ago. Kinda thought it would take a bit longer, as i have been waiting on my vagans to drop a sac for 7 months now. This sac looks a little akwardly wrapped, but could just be excess webbing and substrate on the outside of it.

Attachments

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Brachypelma vagans sac!

Finally after 7 months. Nevermind the empty water bowl. She likes to drain it.

Attachments

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
Wow, someone must have sent a Brachypelma memo "it's sac making time". Congratulations. I am in the same boat with some G rosea slings as you; I am going on vacation this Summer and they will probably be 1i if I'm lucky. I can't decide what to do with them. I guess put 'em on moist substrate and hope for the best.