did some pairing last night

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hopefully there is plenty for ya.. you just made me hate yoy catfish lol.. you know how impatient im getting for MY attempt.. Seriously, i hope u get alot of slings and that all your pairings go excellent. thanks for all the notes and tips youve been sharing with me as well.

Jared781

Arachnobaron
Dude your a machine!!!! good work

Alright, so wheres the For Sale Thread? aha

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haha i understand that. Thanks. And your welcome. I hope that you get to atleast attempt your two soon.
hopefully there is plenty for ya.. you just made me hate yoy catfish lol.. you know how impatient im getting for MY attempt.. Seriously, i hope u get alot of slings and that all your pairings go excellent. thanks for all the notes and tips youve been sharing with me as well.

---------- Post added 03-26-2012 at 02:42 PM ----------

Thanks. Most of my slings get sold wholesale, or traded, or some given away. I have to sell most of them wholesale to get rid of them quick, because i work 6 days a week, and dont have the time to feed 100s of little slings.
Dude your a machine!!!! good work

Alright, so wheres the For Sale Thread? aha

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Pterinochilus murinus

So far so good. Only thing is he booted her out of her hide. And now wont let me take him out, because he keeps trying to hug me!

Attachments

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
just droppin in to say hope all is well with ur ts ... (and slings).. hope some good progress is being made. nice pics of the obts goin at it...

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haha. That is true.
OBT - Orange Breeding Things

---------- Post added 03-31-2012 at 05:33 PM ----------

Thanks. Everything going well so far. My female L. difficilis just molted instead of laying a sac. So looks like i will get her fattened back up, and start the pairing again. Going to try my other C. fasciatum tonight. Probably go the same as the first female.
just droppin in to say hope all is well with ur ts ... (and slings).. hope some good progress is being made. nice pics of the obts goin at it...

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Funny story

Ok last night i was making my rounds. I had been letting the B. sabulosum cohabitate off and on for a while now. I decided that any day now, i am going to pull him out, and wait on a sac, that way he doesnt get eaten, and her molt out. Well i looked into her enclosure, and he was missing. I was like HOLY CRAP! I looked into her hide, and there he was upside down underneath her. She wasnt eating him, but i was like great, he is dead. So i figured i would let her eat him, then remove the bolus today. My ole lady said maybe she just wanted to be on top haha. I was like nope, he's dead. Then i went back up a few hours later, and he was standing outside of her hide, on top of his little sperm web mats. I was like holy crap maybe she did want on top haha. After thinking about it, maybe the male was in the mood, and the female wouldnt come out, so he went in. Then he couldnt raise her up because of the hide in the way, so he said the heck with it, and laid on his back and slid underneath her haha. Brave little fellar. And this morning he is in front of her hide, and she is sitting on the side of it. So i figure tonight i should take him out, and wait on the ultimatum from the female. But i thought i would share this story, too funny not too.

Tcrazy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
some times nature just likes to take a different course of action

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah im thinking so. I wish i could of gotten pics of it happening, but they wouldnt have turned out good.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well tonight i tried pairing the C. ritae. Didnt go well. The female ate good last night, and is almost adult size. But she was afraid of the male. He was doing everything he was supposed to, but she kept running from him. i dont understand why.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hope she starts gettin with the program... beautiful dwarves. Do you let this sp. cohab when pairing or seperate them after attempts? Best of luck to ya.....and HIM ;)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well he is in on loan, and he will be needed by the owner incase her 2 females molt. So i cant let him cohab. If he were mine, i would leave him in for a few hours, then every time add a few more hours on.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
oh yea... you DID tell me that part. makes perfect sense, as thats what im doing with moghues male im borrowing for MY current attempt at breeding. just didnt know if ritae were male munchers

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Im not really sure if they are male munchers or not. My friend that sent him to me, cohabbed him with each of her females for about a week a peice. But being my girl is afraid of him, i would hate to find out she got a burst of courage, and ate him. Ill try feeding her again, then give them another go. This is the first time i held my girl too, she ended up all the way up close to my shoulder. She wouldnt stay down on the substrate for nothing.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
niiice... i think. lol, not sure where you stand on handling. Glad all ended with no incidents tho. Hope the 2nd attemp goes well.. if not 3rd times the charm :biggrin: ill be waiting for pics. i really dig these guys.. one of my fav dwarfs.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Handling doesnt bother me. Sometimes i hold a couple of my Avics. A few times i have held a few tarantulas that i didnt want to, but the situation called for it lol. Yeah im hoping she calms down, and is ok with him. I really dont understand why she would be the afraid one. I havent had that happen until now. Thanks man.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Poecilotheria regalis sac opened 4-22-12!

I decided to pull the sac a day later than previously anticipated due to a migraine. Today i pulled the sac very easily by tossing in a cricket to distract the female. There are 98 ewls, and 0 bad/deformed eggs. Every single one looks like good solid ewls. Very awesome. Now they are happily laying in the incubator.

Attachments