did some pairing last night

Kungfujoe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow this is awesome. let us know how the P. metallica pairing does. Maybe when im ready give me a few pointers =)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
already tried P. metallica....female wasnt interested at all...she is a pet slab...very boring, and might be into girls haha..
Wow this is awesome. let us know how the P. metallica pairing does. Maybe when im ready give me a few pointers =)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well last night my 2nd female P. regalis dropped a sac. And i have been pairing P. cambridgei with a male i have on loan. Also pairing Ornithoctonus sp. "Koh Samui". Waiting on my two female P. scrofa to molt, male is ready. Tried C. fasciatum. Waiting on my other female to molt, then will try her. The first female wasnt willing. Really happy about the regalis sac. A while back my first female laid one, and i didnt know when she laid it. So i gave it a couple weeks, then pulled it. Was all eggs. So i gave it another week with her, then pulled it again, still eggs. I tried incubating them, and they all dried up and molded. Total loss. So hopefully this one will have better luck 30 days from now.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah .. hope so... i forgot all about this thread. IDK whats goin on with MY regalis... i notice that my last post in this thread was in Jan. and my male was already a month or two in premolt... HERE WE ARE in mid march and he still has made no progress.... so frustrating. Hope all goes well with yours and your recent pairings

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Well last night my 2nd female P. regalis dropped a sac. And i have been pairing P. cambridgei with a male i have on loan. Also pairing Ornithoctonus sp. "Koh Samui". Waiting on my two female P. scrofa to molt, male is ready. Tried C. fasciatum. Waiting on my other female to molt, then will try her. The first female wasnt willing. Really happy about the regalis sac. A while back my first female laid one, and i didnt know when she laid it. So i gave it a couple weeks, then pulled it. Was all eggs. So i gave it another week with her, then pulled it again, still eggs. I tried incubating them, and they all dried up and molded. Total loss. So hopefully this one will have better luck 30 days from now.
Congrats on the sac! If I don't know exactly when a mother laid her sac, I just act like it was the day I found her with it. ;) Once the sac is opened I wouldn't give it back to the mom, it should be incubated. I have left infertile eggs out and they have dried up in a matter of hours. Good luck with your projects! :)

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Neato! Sorry about the formosa, though.

I just might get an adult P.regalis female as soon as I'm sure my two male slings are going ultimate.

awolfe

Arachnosquire
Hey catfish, can you take a pic of your incubator? I wanna see how you do it ;)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well hopefully your regalis gets to molting and maturing soon. Has he eaten at all since he went into premolt? I understand about the frustrating part man. Hope your boy gets to it soon. Thanks.
yeah .. hope so... i forgot all about this thread. IDK whats goin on with MY regalis... i notice that my last post in this thread was in Jan. and my male was already a month or two in premolt... HERE WE ARE in mid march and he still has made no progress.... so frustrating. Hope all goes well with yours and your recent pairings

---------- Post added 03-18-2012 at 07:09 PM ----------

Thanks. Yeah thats a good idea to use. Maybe i will do that from now on. Well i was afraid that if i tried incubating it, they wouldnt make it. I tried one incubator then they started drying up, so i switched to a different one, and they started molding. I seen one of the eggs developed a dark line that looked like a heart, but then it molded too. Good luck to you too.
Congrats on the sac! If I don't know exactly when a mother laid her sac, I just act like it was the day I found her with it. ;) Once the sac is opened I wouldn't give it back to the mom, it should be incubated. I have left infertile eggs out and they have dried up in a matter of hours. Good luck with your projects! :)

---------- Post added 03-18-2012 at 07:10 PM ----------

Yeah the formosa didnt work so well. But later down the line i will get another one. P. regalis are my favorite pokies i think.
Neato! Sorry about the formosa, though.

I just might get an adult P.regalis female as soon as I'm sure my two male slings are going ultimate.

---------- Post added 03-18-2012 at 07:17 PM ----------

The first incubator is a RobC style one, he has videos on youtube. But the second one was just a sterilite tub lined in the bottom with a few layers of paper towel. Then water poured into the paper towels. Then two deli cups half full of water, and coffee filters rubber banned to the top, but able to hammockdown above the water. Then just set the deli cups into the sterilite, and put your eggs onto the filters, and then stick the sterilite lid on. Make sure to have a few 1/8" holes drilled into the lid. I would take pics, but not sure where it is stacked at right now. Thanks
Hey catfish, can you take a pic of your incubator? I wanna see how you do it ;)

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My second female C. fasciatum just molted out, and the male is ready. First female tried to eat him. Hope this girl is nicer. My N. colortavillosus just molted, would love to find a male for her.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Best of luck with everything.Now get pairing.......

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
B.sabulosum

Figured i would give these two a start tonight. They both immediately started drumming, and the female approached the male. They immediately paired with several good insertions. Gonna try again tomorrow night. The after shot of the MM ontop of her hide was too funny to pass up.

Attachments

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks. In the picture it does look kind of big, but in person, it doesnt look as big as the S. calceatum sac i had. Which had 116 in it. So maybe she just hasnt webbed it as thick or something hopefully.
Nice work man! Looks like a fattie. :)