did some pairing last night

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nope everything went super gentle. He was still tapping on her as she was trying to find a lid to her happy place. Thats when i made him quit, and helped her find a tunnel. :)
This species is very gentle when pairing.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
great stuff bro. See youve been busy. Glad youre still doing your thing, and contributing some awesome and healthy looking additions to the hobby. Keep up the good work

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli slings hit 2nd instar. Turns out these squirts have a extra instar, so they are not ready yet.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Stromatopelma calceatum female #3 sac

Heteroscodra maculata female #1

Hapalopus sp. Colombia Large

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli hit 3rd instar 76 of these little squirts

Poecilotheria rufilata sac pulled. 119 good ewls, 0 bad eggs

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
Man, I'm so jealous of those Pokie sacs. You should hit me up with some advice on the tigrina/rufi breeding if you can ;) I can't wait to breed my pokies.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks very much! I would pm you, but ask your questions here, maybe itll help out someone else along the way. Breeding any tarantula species involves the exact same steps when i do it. So ask your questions, and you shall receive any help i can give :).
Man, I'm so jealous of those Pokie sacs. You should hit me up with some advice on the tigrina/rufi breeding if you can ;) I can't wait to breed my pokies.

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
For now I'm gathering as much info as I can but I can't seem to make up my mind - should I or should I not cool Poecilotheria species annually. Do you?

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well i try to keep my tarantula room at roughly 80 F. But in the winter it will get down to around 68 F, and in the summer spike up to around 94 F. In the winter cooling is inevitable. So i dont really cool them myself. But as far as cooling after breeding i dont do that. I just pair them up, let them sit for a month or so and then flood them a few times. These females i waited until the started webbing themselves shut before i started flooding.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Poecilotheria rufilata hit 1st instar

Ceratogyrus marshalli female #2
(If you look closely at the males carapace, you can see where this female had already got a fang into him before. And her other fang went in near his leg.)

---------- Post added 05-14-2015 at 09:54 AM ----------

Hapalopus sp. Colombia Large sac (Its there :))

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
Ceratogyrus marshalli female #2
(If you look closely at the males carapace, you can see where this female had already got a fang into him before. And her other fang went in near his leg.)
Sheesh, I know a lot of folks here aren't down with naming T's, but you should name that male Lucky. :p

How did you manage to get him away from the female before she finished the job?