did some pairing last night

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow 1008 babies, that makes me grateful my vagens only had 404 and now seems like a small sack lol I can't imagine how long it takes you to feed slings. Thank you so much for always sharing your pairing and the wonderful pictures !!!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah 1008 was definitely a crazy number! Luckily im going to try not to breed species that produce that many, as often any more. Most of the time my slings move very quickly so i usually dont have much feeding time involved. Sometimes sacs are spoken for before they even hatch, or sometimes even laid.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Yeah 1008 was definitely a crazy number! Luckily im going to try not to breed species that produce that many, as often any more. Most of the time my slings move very quickly so i usually dont have much feeding time involved. Sometimes sacs are spoken for before they even hatch, or sometimes even laid.
So you're sayin you have a spider mill going on?

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haha pretty much i guess.

---------- Post added 09-10-2014 at 10:12 AM ----------

Cyriocosmus bertae

Watching Cyriocosmus pair is like watching road construction take place. You know eventually it will be finished, but you dont know if it will be finished by the time cars are flying, and no longer need roads or not.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So you're sayin you have a spider mill going on?
Let's put it this way, if his Ts were really people, Catfish would be on the INS's hit list, priority number 1, ahead of Mexico. Thank god his foreign residents are legal.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Brachypelma albopilosum

This female was donated to me by Blut und ehre, when my female died in the cold last winter.

Pterinochilus chordatus female #2

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Heterothele gabonensis female #1 with her triple clutch

Man she's tiny compared to other Ts, I like the small ones! Congrats on trip clutch. How many do they produce in a sac usually?

Also, is Rick's pick here an usually colorful example of this species? I wasn't sure if you have seen any others of this pretty species. They SORTA remind me of Blue Fangs w/their leg banding.

http://www.birdspiders.com/gallery/...abonensis-Lucas-1858-female-Gabon-West-Africa

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haha her and her sister are 1 1/4". Those sacs are half the size of a dime! You should try stealing a sac that small from a female that has a death grip on it! Well that sac had about 21 in it, but unfortunately i popped a few trying to get them loose from the inner webbing of the sac, so i have 14 eggs in the incubator. Yeah Rick's pic is dead on. My female is just in need of a molt. Both females have dropped 3 sacs, so they are kind of bland in color right now. If one of them molts, ill get them out and do my best to get a good shot of them, but i doubt my photography skills will be as well as that pic! They are an awesome species for sure, however they are very very very aggravating!
Man she's tiny compared to other Ts, I like the small ones! Congrats on trip clutch. How many do they produce in a sac usually?

Also, is Rick's pick here an usually colorful example of this species? I wasn't sure if you have seen any others of this pretty species. They SORTA remind me of Blue Fangs w/their leg banding.

http://www.birdspiders.com/gallery/...abonensis-Lucas-1858-female-Gabon-West-Africa

---------- Post added 11-02-2014 at 10:15 AM ----------

Well i wish. But unfortunately it turns out these females care deeply about their sacs, until somewhere around day 15, then they get really hungry! Out of 2 females, both females triple clutching, which makes 6 sacs, im down to 14 eggs in the incubator. This sac was laid 4 or 5 days ago. I had 4 sacs eaten, one i pulled, and had a egg develop into a ewl, but it died. So far i havent gotten anything out of those 5 sacs. So hopefully this number 6 sac will provide atleast a few slings. You would think a very communal species like this would be atleast a little nicer to their unborn young..
This makes me very happy, you've made my day. Maybe one day you'll have enough to actually share or take over a small country :p

---------- Post added 11-02-2014 at 11:36 AM ----------

Cyriocosmus bertae

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Congrats on the sac man! You have to put me on the waiting list for one of those, I've been looking for them everywhere! Haha

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks! Will do. I will more than likely be holding onto the whole sac until spring, when the weather is better. They have started becoming ewls :).
Congrats on the sac man! You have to put me on the waiting list for one of those, I've been looking for them everywhere! Haha

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Thanks! Will do. I will more than likely be holding onto the whole sac until spring, when the weather is better. They have started becoming ewls :).
That's even better! I've been wanting to place orders, but not sure if I'm allowed to ask for them to be shipped until spring.

What's the temperament on these guys? Similar to lugardi or murinus?

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They are similar to lugardi. Neither are as defensive or confrontational as murinus.
That's even better! I've been wanting to place orders, but not sure if I'm allowed to ask for them to be shipped until spring.

What's the temperament on these guys? Similar to lugardi or murinus?