did some pairing last night

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yep, for sure man. Hopefully your next one goes alot better. Fingers crossed for ya.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
the next one gets pulled this coming Thursday the 28th.

Hopefully ill get at least ewls by day 30. I have read tons of A.avic breeding reports and that seems to be the case.
Day 30 usually results in darkening ewls or 1i already

---------- Post added 02-23-2013 at 01:51 PM ----------

Her humidity has been pretty high due to me saturating/flooding the sub once a week via an eyedropper through the ventholes, and there has been a heat lamp about 8" away from her and the sack this whole time.
I may up the heat a bit more @ some point this weekend and keep it higher until Thursday comes. Either way, i cant wait to just get her to my new house and back on my shelves haha. Been driving me crazy to have her not in my supervision, but its for the best

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Cool! Hopefully you have a nice fat sac full of atleast ewls.

Might wanna watch it with the heat lamp. When the heat hits the surface of something like the plastic or glass, it will warm up, and then possibly get too warm. What i mean by that is the enclosure will get warm, and the longer the lamp is on, the hotter the enclosure will get. Have a thermo gun?

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Akwardly, about a week and a half ago when i was packing up some of the C. darlingi for shipping, one of them ran like lightning for freedom. I looked but couldnt find it, so just gave up, and figured it would dry up and die in a week or so. Well this morning i was getting ready for work, and happened to glance over and see a baby spider in the box of Q-tips. I immediately knew what it was, and sure enough its that little rebel darlingi sling lol. Got him back into his tiny enclosure now!

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 05:55 PM ----------

Ceratogyrus darlingi double clutch!

This is my first double clutch. Her last numbers was 111. So we will see what this one is holding.

Last edited:

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Poecilotheria regalis ewls!

Just got done sticking all the ewls in the incubator. Today made day 30. As soon as i pulled the sac, it fealt super plump, heavy, and was huge!
Her last sac had 94 good ewls, and 4 bad ewls. This sac had 135 good ewls, and 4 ewls that might not make it. The 4 that might not make it are either stuck to drying eggs, or eating them. Not sure yet, so i stuck them in a seperate smaller cup to keep them away from the others. Pretty good numbers here. Will update as needed.

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 09:38 PM ----------

Just got done pairing a couple species. Males are both on loan from Roaddog.

Psalmopoeus irminia

Acanthoscurria geniculata

tyrantuladub

Arachnosquire
Just got done sticking all the ewls in the incubator. Today made day 30. As soon as i pulled the sac, it fealt super plump, heavy, and was huge!
Her last sac had 94 good ewls, and 4 bad ewls. This sac had 135 good ewls, and 4 ewls that might not make it. The 4 that might not make it are either stuck to drying eggs, or eating them. Not sure yet, so i stuck them in a seperate smaller cup to keep them away from the others. Pretty good numbers here. Will update as needed.

:-D

Such cuties! Been waiting anxiously for this haha.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Avicularia versicolor sac pulled

Well today was day 30. Unfortunately the sac isnt very good. There is 10 1st instar that have crap stuck to thier fangs, and would be a miracle if they make it. The rest is busted/stuck eggs. I have 11 eggs in a seperate cup, but if they havent developed by now....

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Stromatopelma calceatum sac pulled!

Ok pulled the sac today with the intentions of placing it in the incubator, then opening it up in a few days. However when the sac was in my hand i could feel what seemed like a ball of dried/stuck eggs. So i figured it would be a dud sac. I went ahead and opened it, and found 1st instars! There is 41 good, and 2 that might not make it. Not near as good numbers as last time, but much better than nothing at all. Enjoy!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Avicularia versicolor Female #2 SAC!

She just dropped this today. Hoping it turns out better than the other one.

iPippin

Arachnosquire
With the amount of webbing all your tarantulas make.. You could probably stitch together a silk blanket o-o

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Poecilotheria regalis ewls darkening

They just started darkening up today. Wont be long and they will be 1st instar.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Poecilotheria pederseni sac pulled!

Just got done placing these little guys in the incubator. There is 134 ewls. Maybe 135 ewls, i cant remember if i counted the one that is stuck to a egg. Enjoy!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Poecilotheria regalis hitting 1st instar!

Just found 2 of them molted to 1st instar. Now the rest will be following suit.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
For sure! I can see two 1st instar, and didnt notice the one molting until you pointed it out lol.