did my rosie mate?

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a video it looks like at the beggining her made two intersections this is exacltly what happened with my other one
does it look good??
THis is a video of my second but he did intersect the first one (professionalist on hand) SO tell me it looks at the 1;00 RANGE ABOUT.
here's a pic of my secode girl who mated a while back with him.
heres a cool pic from the mating look at the mputh shot on that girl

now this is my girl:
her abdomen when i got her was the size of a dime roughly and now look at bigger tan a quarter:

it's been 1 month

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
click on the pic of video it will bring you to a page where you can watch it and does my other female look good? (mating wise)

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the backround is my my little sis's film and she's talking

and the occasional sqwack is my bird

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
How much have you been feeding her, because from the video, I can't see any insertions made. Maybe someone else will see them, but I sure didn't. Is that the only time you paired them?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes I think so, in the first few what 30 second maybe less it looks like he gets one good insert that causes her to come fully down from the side of the tub and almost roll over. I dont see another insert the rest of the vid.
There is no harm in re pairing them in a few days or after you see evidence of a sperm web having been made.
She seems receptive and willing, what was unusual was the male really did not seem to into it and that is odd for G Rosea males.
Id say wait a few days and try again just to make sure, but I know there was at least one insert in that vid.

Be careful cause at the end of the vid it looks like she is moving in to get a snack not mate.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes I think so, in the first few what 30 second maybe less it looks like he gets one good insert that causes her to come fully down from the side of the tub and almost roll over. I dont see another insert the rest of the vid.
There is no harm in re pairing them in a few days or after you see evidence of a sperm web having been made.
She seems receptive and willing, what was unusual was the male really did not seem to into it and that is odd for G Rosea males.
Id say wait a few days and try again just to make sure, but I know there was at least one insert in that vid.

Ya your right, and around the 40 sec mark it looks like he's getting some good insertions. She may be gravid, but it wouldn't hurt to pair em again if you haven't already.

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
don't worry takenlate shortly after hat he ran and bloody fast at that he ran off the table leaped to the counter climbed up onto the roof took half an hour to get him but he's good now

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
after this he's going back with my first one ( below ) if people tell me i should get her done again (she's already done two) and then her again

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
When you have a mature male it does not hurt to repeat matings every time there is evidence of a sperm web, you repeat till you get a sac, or he gets munched in an attack, or she stops showing interest. If she stops showing interest odds are hes done the deed and done it well.

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks takenlate looks my fat one is tired of him she pays no interest in him she was with him for 1h no drumming or even alook at eachother

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I found that all 3 of my female G.rosea began to get aggressive or refuse to mate with my male after around 4 matings. One even attacked and almost killed him. He escaped the other 2.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
im guessing he meant because of possibly 2 sacs? But even then I dont know how many Rosea come in one sac, i know its alot but i dont think its around 2500 (but i could be wrong since I've never bred a T)

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've never bred a spider before, but that video was kinda kewl. there was no ritual, or anything, just straight to it. it looked pretty good, but i don't know how to do it. overall, i think i'll just say 'good luck'! :D

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've never bred a spider before, but that video was kinda kewl. there was no ritual, or anything, just straight to it. it looked pretty good, but i don't know how to do it. overall, i think i'll just say 'good luck'! :D
Oh there was a ritual its just hard to capture in a video sometimes. The male and the female in this video are moving and shaking, vibrating to each other, letting the other one know they are not food but mates.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh there was a ritual its just hard to capture in a video sometimes. The male and the female in this video are moving and shaking, vibrating to each other, letting the other one know they are not food but mates.
Yup, exactly what Ryan said, Grammostola rosea makes it sweet and to the point though. There are other species that actually do alot more shaking and drumming before they meet the female, it actually looks like a dance.

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
they only get 200-300 each
soo i'll get 400-600 not 5000 if i had 5000 i would probaly not sleep triying to feed them all