Did it happen to any of your T's?

Dafne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have got a little B. emilia for about more than 2 months now. It was 0,5" when I bought it. About 1,5 month ago it molted for the first time in my hands. Everything looked good apart from the little place on her abdomen where the old skin were still glued. I put some water drops on this place but it did not help at all... The T was walking around with the old skin, so I decided to cut off the part with legs and carapase. And I did this. I was wondering why the old skin did not want to come off on the butt... :rolleyes: The temperature and the humidity were good... Anyway, I was really worrying but after one week I gave her food and she ate, so it made me feel better... And two weeks later I noticed that the glued part of the old skin came off and the butt of the T looked normal, so I stopped worrying... Until yesterday... The T molted again and the same situation happened again!!! :mad: The part of old skin is glued to the abdomen and it is even exactly the same place as it was the last time... :( Strange, isn't it?
Why could this happen? Did it happen to any of your spiders?

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:) i havent has yet had any molt problems. if its not harming the T i wouldnt worry to much

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
The same thing happened to one of my tiny T's.
I left it over night because I thought it would
come off on its own. But, it did not. I put a drop of
distilled water on it and it came off.

As long as the T is fine I would not worry about it:)

Beth-Tex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry, I haven't had THAT particular problem with my 2 B.emilia slings, but they do have a tendency to molt on their feet in an upright position. They both molted upright the last 2 times.:eek:

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Makes me wonder if there is some slight deformity in the T's abdomen that causes some of the skin to stick?

Just like the others I wouldnt get too bent out of shape over it... as long as the bit is coming off and your T seems healthy all should be well :)