Did I make a mistake ordering from tarantulasbristol? :/

Mentriax

Arachnopeon
So I made an order Monday for a gbb sling, it was apparently dispatched yesterday by special delivery, it didn't arrive..

I did a little research before ordering but not much and didn't really find anything terrible. Until I just searched Bristol as a keyword on these forums -.-

I also was advised Monday afternoon not to order from them, but I made the order Monday morning so it was too late at that point.

Should I just request a refund now or wait it out?

Cheers for any help/input. :(

Mentriax

Arachnopeon
Isn't there any contact info? Why not ask the seller what's up?
Sorry, a bit more info on that would've probably been better :p

I've text them a few times, they confirmed it was sent by special delivery yesterday and that it would arrive today.

I also text them saying it didn't arrive and they asked for my postcode and that's the last I've heard.

I've emailed, posted on their Facebook wall and text a few times since and had no reply through any platform :/

Cheers

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Wait it out. If it arrives alive, huzzah! If dead, then ask for your refund and go elsewhere. You're on the record with them texting about the failure to arrive on the specified date. Hopefully all goes well.

Mentriax

Arachnopeon
Wait it out. If it arrives alive, huzzah! If dead, then ask for your refund and go elsewhere. You're on the record with them texting about the failure to arrive on the specified date. Hopefully all goes well.
Aye, I paid through PayPal so getting my money back will just be a matter of time ;/

I also made a post on a tarantula group I joined on Facebook and it's just full of people telling me I should've avoided them like the plague

Cheers

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Yup, indeed. Bad mistake. verybad mistake. And Santa's will deliver to you, for Christmas, instead of a 'GBB', pictures of Theresa May naked -- but with her wearing boots and shoes, of course :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Now, aside for jokes (seriously) even if I heard everything about those guys, I also heard "bit of a solace" news as well. Maybe Royal Mail (which is strange, since is one of the IMO best European mail ever) is a bit late due to Christmas or else.... but I wouldn't worry, for that I personally viewed slings (including a 'GBB' one) alive after 16 (again, 16) days of travel in a parcel.

Granted, the time of the year wasn't this colder one. IMO I wouldn't lose hope, man :) btw, no tracking, nothing?

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
So I made an order Monday for a gbb sling, it was apparently dispatched yesterday by special delivery, it didn't arrive..

I did a little research before ordering but not much and didn't really find anything terrible. Until I just searched Bristol as a keyword on these forums -.-

I also was advised Monday afternoon not to order from them, but I made the order Monday morning so it was too late at that point.

Should I just request a refund now or wait it out?

Cheers for any help/input. :(
They are really bad, but they do actually send out their T´s. It might just be delayed in the Christmas mail or they sent it later than promised. Anyways, as long as they have sent it with a heatpack (and has activated it), you should be fine. Otherwise, make a complaint to PayPal. They should sort it out.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Yup, indeed. Bad mistake. verybad mistake. And Santa's will deliver to you, for Christmas, instead of a 'GBB', pictures of Theresa May naked -- but with her wearing boots and shoes, of course :)
I looked for a post rating like :eek: or :astonished: but was disappointed.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
And Santa's will deliver to you, for Christmas, instead of a 'GBB', pictures of Theresa May naked -- but with her wearing boots and shoes, of course :)
Christ, my friend! It´s almost Christmas, don´t give the poor lad a nightmare he can´t recover from!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I looked for a post rating like :eek: or :astonished: but was disappointed.
I don't know of course if those posts/statements were 100% honest (you know, like certain shady eBay feedbacks and etc) plus I don't have a Facebook nor I want one, but I remember well that when "spying" their FB page (when they had the "stars rating reviews" I mean) they had good feedbacks, including a couple from Italy, ah ah :-s

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Christ, my friend! It´s almost Christmas, don´t give the poor lad a nightmare he can´t recover from!
Well, imagine the scene... a Christmas 'prank' for real, to receive Theresa May or Whoopi Goldberg naked pics under the tree, or in the chimney or what else. And let me tell you that a couple of Italians I know would enjoy that present, muahahah :-s

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Well, imagine the scene... a Christmas 'prank' for real, to receive Theresa May or Whoopi Goldberg naked pics under the tree, or in the chimney or what else. And let me tell you that a couple of Italians I know would enjoy that present, muahahah :-s
Can I receive Virginia Raggi instead, please? :D I mean, I don´t agree all that much with her politics, but her looks aren´t bad, lol!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Can I receive Virginia Raggi instead, please? :D I mean, I don´t agree all that much with her politics, but her looks aren´t bad, lol!
Ah ah, but I'm not the Santa's of naked pics... wish to be, lol :)
But my man, really? Uhm... I don't question tastes, but IMO Virginia is nothing special. I wish to receive Lucia Borgonzoni and Rachele Mussolini Jr (I used her pic as avatar prior, ah ah) ones :p

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
But my man, really? Uhm... I don't question tastes, but IMO Virginia is nothing special.
Haha, it depends on what you mean by "special". She ain´t Gulnara Karimova (the daughter of the president in Uzbekistan), but she´s a quite good looking woman IMO ;)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Haha, it depends on what you mean by "special". She ain´t Gulnara Karimova (the daughter of the president in Uzbekistan), but she´s a quite good looking woman IMO ;)
No, I mean... bah. Really, if I throw a stone in Piazza Duomo I hit on the head at least 20 Ladies more cute than Virginia my friend. But tastes are tastes u_u

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Yes you made a mistake buying from those nonsense pirates.

Your sling will more than likely be something else than what you ordered and DOA. There will probably be a heat pack with your order but you have to activate it yourself after it has been delivered to you(If it arrives at all). They dont care about the welfare of their animals just the ££££

As for contacting customer services, I wouldnt waste my time. It will take weeks to sort out a refund from them. You'll more than likely have to argue to get it too.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Yes you made a mistake buying from those nonsense pirates.

Your sling will more than likely be something else than what you ordered and DOA. There will probably be a heat pack with your order but you have to activate it yourself after it has been delivered to you(If it arrives at all). They dont care about the welfare of their animals just the ££££

As for contacting customer services, I wouldnt waste my time. It will take weeks to sort out a refund from them. You'll more than likely have to argue to get it too.
Sad, but unfortunately true! From all the reports I have seen from Norwegians that has been unfortunate enough to make an order from them, you are spot on :(

Paiige

Arachnobaron
I wish you the best of luck with your little one and hope it arrives healthy and happy (not that the happy part is likely, but you get the point).

Can you imagine if it were mistakenly shipped to someone house in the Christmas shipping chaos, only to be wrapped and given to some poor unsuspecting child? :D

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I have experienced it first hand. I have even been threatened from thwm for leaving a bad review on their FB page. Their reviews plumitted and they removed the review section from the page :meh: