Did I make a mistake ordering from tarantulasbristol? :/

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I wish you the best of luck with your little one and hope it arrives healthy and happy (not that the happy part is likely, but you get the point).

Can you imagine if it were mistakenly shipped to someone house in the Christmas shipping chaos, only to be wrapped and given to some poor unsuspecting child? :D
Surprise!!!!!
:rofl:

dopamine

Arachnobaron
Can someone link me the tarantulas bristol review page for this site? I found one but it's only got two reviews? Such an infamous dealer i'd think would have more than two reviews lol.

Grenn

Arachnopeon
Can someone link me the tarantulas bristol review page for this site? I found one but it's only got two reviews? Such an infamous dealer i'd think would have more than two reviews lol.
If you mean this one: http://arachnoboards.com/threads/tarantulas-bristol-http-www-tarantulasbristol-co-uk.271030/ then it's also the only one I can find. If there aren't any other more up to date threads, I will add a post to there detailing my experience.

To the OP -- don't be too hard on yourself, I also ordered from them recently and feel like I made a mistake in not researching them quite as thoroughly as I could. People do seemingly have positive experiences it seems, but their attitude and customer service are clear signs it's better to support other individuals/sites which have more care invested in their transactions and the wider hobby.

I hope your GBB arrives safely though! Do update when you know more.

dopamine

Arachnobaron

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Yep that's the one i saw. Weird that there aren't more. Very many of the reviews for them on youtube seem to be posted by themselves, also lol.
Well, this is a America-based forum. I think most Europeans don´t wander too much into the "Classifieds" and "Online dealer reviews" sections of the forum.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Yep, UK based and more than likely ran by Eastern Europeans. Although they are UK based they used to claim to post worldwide. I remember a guy on FB speaking about an order he had from them that arrived all DOA. He was from the Philippines.. Wonder how that could have happened.

They did a good job sweeping most of their reviews under the carpet anyway.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Yep, UK based and more than likely ran by Eastern Europeans. Although they are UK based they used to claim to post worldwide. I remember a guy on FB speaking about an order he had from them that arrived all DOA. He was from the Philippines.. Wonder how that could have happened.

They did a good job sweeping most of their reviews under the carpet anyway.
I believe you and @Andrea82 are actually talking about two different things here. As I understood it, she meant that forum she linked to was UK-based. TB is for sure based in the UK.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So I made an order Monday for a gbb sling, it was apparently dispatched yesterday by special delivery, it didn't arrive..

I did a little research before ordering but not much and didn't really find anything terrible. Until I just searched Bristol as a keyword on these forums -.-

I also was advised Monday afternoon not to order from them, but I made the order Monday morning so it was too late at that point.

Should I just request a refund now or wait it out?

Cheers for any help/input. :(
Yes you did make a mistake you didn't order from. Hehe!

Tarantula Chris

Arachnopeon
Sorry to hear that, waiting in anticipation isn't nice.

Two weeks ago I put an order in on the Monday for two slings (H. maculata and I. hirsutum), by Thursday no Spiders so messaged them, received a reply saying "sorry about the delay, postage delays due to cold weather (fair enough)). I then got a message the Tuesday after, saying apologies, but have checked the stock and don't have an I. hirsutum in stock, would you, like something else?"

*sigh* 8 days to check if the spider is in stock? Hmmm...

"I will have a C. cyaneopubescens instead then please"

On the the Friday (11 days after order), I received a a H. maculata and a C. cyaneopubescens with a leg missing. The sling is eating fine and 'happily webbing as you'd expect from a GBB but all in all very poor experience with them.

My suggestion is go with http://www.thespidershop.co.uk/

There are fantastic in my experience all individuals I've had from them have been very healthy specimens.

I hope everything turns out good with yours.

Merry Christmas

clive 82

Arachnoknight
Sorry to hear that, waiting in anticipation isn't nice.

Two weeks ago I put an order in on the Monday for two slings (H. maculata and I. hirsutum), by Thursday no Spiders so messaged them, received a reply saying "sorry about the delay, postage delays due to cold weather (fair enough)). I then got a message the Tuesday after, saying apologies, but have checked the stock and don't have an I. hirsutum in stock, would you, like something else?"

*sigh* 8 days to check if the spider is in stock? Hmmm...

"I will have a C. cyaneopubescens instead then please"

On the the Friday (11 days after order), I received a a H. maculata and a C. cyaneopubescens with a leg missing. The sling is eating fine and 'happily webbing as you'd expect from a GBB but all in all very poor experience with them.

My suggestion is go with http://www.thespidershop.co.uk/

There are fantastic in my experience all individuals I've had from them have been very healthy specimens.

I hope everything turns out good with yours.

Merry Christmas
I second this! have used the spider shop before. VERY good service, quick & easy. They were happy to answer questions & the Ts were healthy. Before I found this forum I have actually rang them with general husbandry questions & they were happy to help me out. Cant recommend them enough.

LAURAD123

Arachnopeon
So I made an order Monday for a gbb sling, it was apparently dispatched yesterday by special delivery, it didn't arrive..

I did a little research before ordering but not much and didn't really find anything terrible. Until I just searched Bristol as a keyword on these forums -.-

I also was advised Monday afternoon not to order from them, but I made the order Monday morning so it was too late at that point.

They are con men, ordered on the 4th 2017 and they making excuse after excuse poor company which is not registered in company house. says it all
gl

LAURAD123

Arachnopeon

Same they are con men
gl getting money back

LAURAD123

Arachnopeon
Sorry, a bit more info on that would've probably been better :p

I've text them a few times, they confirmed it was sent by special delivery yesterday and that it would arrive today.

I also text them saying it didn't arrive and they asked for my postcode and that's the last I've heard.

I've emailed, posted on their Facebook wall and text a few times since and had no reply through any platform :/

Cheers
they are con men !!!
same happend but they removed the post

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Ask me for a list next time ;)

Ahem* no shame in a little self promotion :rolleyes::p
Do you ship abroad or UK only? It´s way too cold for international shipments now, but I might take a look at your list when the spring once again return to the North.