Did I just find a redback in my bedroom??

Hank Scorpio

Arachnopeon
I live in Australia and over the past year have killed about 15 redbacks in my backyard.

About 10 mins ago I found a spider in my room wich looked EXACLY like a redback, except no stripe, not even a pale stripe, is this a redback??

I have captured it and can provide photos if needed.

KUJordan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
photos would be great! i'm not sure if there are Steatoda there, but it is possible. Photos would be a definite help though.

Hank Scorpio

Arachnopeon
I got the heebie jeebies really bad.

I just put up a barrier on the outside of my house with professional strength outdoor surface spray, sprayed my whole bed with insect repellant, I think its a redback, I just read they dont need the stripe.

Ive seen a lot of the redbacks in my backyard up close and its identical from the glossy pitch black coat to its leg manurisms, to its slight brown stripes of its legs only diffrence is it doesnt have the stripe.

The pictures are heaps blurry(camera phone) but you can see it resembles a redback, and in the bottom picture it shows how large its abdomen is in relation to the rest of its body.

Attachments

Ganoderma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
could also be steatoda, not just latrodectus. there are solid black latros though. those photos show nothing that would help id, sorry.