did i feed my Chaco Golden Knee too early post molt?

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
if the Ts Fangs are black it is ready. My rule is Black fang confirmed plus a couple days. If you feed too soon they can break a fang, more so if you use hard shelled feeders.
I never use any tricks, a tarantula could be responding to the water as being defensive, curious, etc.... it doesn't really count for much. Fang color does, and remember, as a rule, if you are unsure, WAIT.
Ts in captivity don't die of starvation and as a whole eat more often than the do in the wild. You can wait 2 weeks easy post molt on an adult T and it won't have issues

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Feed when fangs are black. I hope your T doesn't die due to fang loss

becks0303

Arachnopeon
if the Ts Fangs are black it is ready. My rule is Black fang confirmed plus a couple days. If you feed too soon they can break a fang, more so if you use hard shelled feeders.
I never use any tricks, a tarantula could be responding to the water as being defensive, curious, etc.... it doesn't really count for much. Fang color does, and remember, as a rule, if you are unsure, WAIT.
Ts in captivity don't die of starvation and as a whole eat more often than the do in the wild. You can wait 2 weeks easy post molt on an adult T and it won't have issues
'hardshelled feeders' -> what are exmaples? Dubias? Adult Dubias or Young Dubias?