Did anyone else choose a P. Formosa as first pokie ??

Amir

Arachnopeon
Just wanted to know if anyone else chose a P. Formosa as their first pokie .
I can not understand why they are thought of as "aggressive" . Defensive is what should be said but isn't that any T. You may bother.
I ordered a 1" spiderling and wanted some input on the care I should give the little one coming next week.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Just wanted to know if anyone else chose a P. Formosa as their first pokie .
I can not understand why they are thought of as "aggressive" . Defensive is what should be said but isn't that any T. You may bother.
I ordered a 1" spiderling and wanted some input on the care I should give the little one coming next week.
Anyone saying Pokies are aggressive is pretty ill-informed, in my opinion. Defensive? Of course, they're OW, after all. But 9 times out of 10 they'd rather run and hide or just freeze and try not to be noticed. That said, I still treat mine the same way I'd treat any other hot T, with the utmost respect and caution! There's plenty of resources on the boards as to Pokie care, so I won't try to rehash any of that for you. Just read as much as you can and you should be fine. The husbandry for Pokies isn't exactly rocket science, the tough part is adjusting to their behavior when working around them and in their enclosures. Best of luck with your formosa!